mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Will Rogers singletrack update?

Will Rogers came up in conversation the other day and I realized it has been several years since I have ridden it. Planning on doing it soon. Coming from the Valley side through Hub. Anybody ridden it recently?

Need some updated info on trail conditions (overgrown), poisen oak!, hiker activity, planned high volume groups or trail days etc.

Back in the day, we usually turned around at the bridge instead of continuing down into the park to avoid the majority of foot travelers. Still advisable to do this? Especially if I decide to do it on a weekend morning.

Thanks for any info or help,
    Tim
    Last edited by hokeypokey3; 06-05-2008 at 02:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I haven't ridden it for about 2 months or so. It is always very busy with hikers. The last few times I rode it, there were a ton of boy scouts with big back packs. Always a great trail either to the Oak Tree or to the bridge, just too hot in the summer!

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hokeypokey3
    Will Rogers came up in conversation the other day and I realized it has been several years since I have ridden it. Planning on doing it soon. Coming from the Valley side through Hub. Anybody ridden it recently?

Need some updated info on trail conditions (overgrown), poisen oak!, hiker activity, planned high volume groups or trail days etc.

Back in the day, we usually turned around at the bridge instead of continuing down into the park to avoid the majority of foot travelers. Still advisable to do this? Especially if I decide to do it on a weekend morning.

Thanks for any info or help,
    Tim

I rode it on Tuesday.

It is quite overgrown right now, to the point that you sometimes can't see the trail. The shady section has quite a bit of PO but mostly is avoidable. The fast rocky downhill mid section has some new ruts so be aware.

Weekends always have traffic, both foot and bicycle and in both directions. Often there are huge hiking groups. It's not a problem if you watch your speed & practice good trail etiquette. If you are determined to hit it at mach speed better try it on a weekday, and bring a bear bell.
    Love, Impy

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I rode it 2 weeks ago and yes it is overgrown , my brake levers were constantly getting tangled up in the brush and yes the trail has changed , but if you haven't ridden it recently you won't know the difference.