dft
    mtbr member

why the north shore truely rocks

check out the trail work day up there, 105 people and massive feast afterward.

http://www.nsmba.bc.ca/pictures/trai...7/trailday.htm

mtbr member
    Wow. Truly incredible. I only wish we could do something like that out here!
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

Granny
    Very cool! That up and over skinny and pile-driver, can't wait to hit it. I want to clean the entire skyway bridge too. Noble Canyon would be the perfect, epic freeride trail if the forest officials let us use all that deadfall up there.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Dang, North Shore is truly progressive! Too bad we don't have anything like that around here. Flightline was heading in that direction. Too many hungry lawyers and gnatcatchers around here.
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, very cool! I WISH we were able to do similar things down here. I was going to go on a RANT- would have just depressed everyone. Bottomline, that type of Brotherhood is good to see. I may take some vacation time next year to join them. No joke!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Yeah it does

Just got back from Vancouver,Squamish,Whistler,Pemberton. What a great vacation. The rain nailed me but for a small window . But I saw enough to make me commit to another trip in Sept. To cool to believe. Easy flight,easy border crossing, no currency worries,great accomodations,the king's english spoken and best of all the place is crawling with Canadians. They are so friendly and down to earth. Now it is back to mundane North County and the prerequisite driving neccessary to go ride something good. They build trails with structures that have function and actually minimize a bike's impact on the environment. Hello CNLM and all you other agencies that manage open space. We are falling behind the times. It is time to be more progressive and stay ahead of the public desire for more freeriding style trails.I have been involved with trail buiding/maintence efforts around here.To date nothing dramatic has been proposed. I think if something as dramatic as Boogieman were done here the response from the public would be like on the Northshore and 150 people would be on it. But winky projects are what is seen here and pushing ideas through bureacratic meat grinders widdles a persons enthusiasim down to the point of noninvolvement. So what are you going to do? I am going to keep the effort going at Flightline. I think the lines at Skyline and Saftey Center are still there and with some luck we can get them back.There was alittle of Northshore there and just maybe.............

mtbr member
    God bless Flightline........................

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut

yep get out there and work........FYI rangers took down some jumps in my area......go up tomorrow and fix them....I won't be home till after the rains
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Leash Law Enforcer
    Too cool! I really wish there was a place here in SD where we could legally, and in conjunction with whatever agency owned/managed the land, organize trails and activities like that.
    "I didn't even use crutches when I broke my leg!" - Aquaholic

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Big Clyde
    God bless Flightline........................

Thank You Carlsbad
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lord of the Chainrings
    Ahhhhhhh, memories of old.....

Granny

What about Poway??

Quote Originally Posted by taffy15
    Just got back from Vancouver,Squamish,Whistler,Pemberton. What a great vacation. The rain nailed me but for a small window . But I saw enough to make me commit to another trip in Sept. To cool to believe. Easy flight,easy border crossing, no currency worries,great accomodations,the king's english spoken and best of all the place is crawling with Canadians. They are so friendly and down to earth. Now it is back to mundane North County and the prerequisite driving neccessary to go ride something good. They build trails with structures that have function and actually minimize a bike's impact on the environment. Hello CNLM and all you other agencies that manage open space. We are falling behind the times. It is time to be more progressive and stay ahead of the public desire for more freeriding style trails.I have been involved with trail buiding/maintence efforts around here.To date nothing dramatic has been proposed. I think if something as dramatic as Boogieman were done here the response from the public would be like on the Northshore and 150 people would be on it. But winky projects are what is seen here and pushing ideas through bureacratic meat grinders widdles a persons enthusiasim down to the point of noninvolvement. So what are you going to do? I am going to keep the effort going at Flightline. I think the lines at Skyline and Saftey Center are still there and with some luck we can get them back.There was alittle of Northshore there and just maybe.............

I agree Taffy. The whole riding vibe up there is wonderful!

What would happen if the City of Poway were to be contacted regarding the open land known as TWP? My guess is that the city must know that it is a popular spot for riders, so it should come as no surprise. We could include IMBA on this as well, making sure the trails were built to spec., and working with the Poway Parks&Rec. dept. if a deal was struck. It couldn't hurt to at least contact someone, and see what they have to say.

Any thoughts, gripes or concerns?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdbike
    Thank You Carlsbad
    saddness
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdbike
    Thank You Carlsbad

Lord of the Chainrings
    Seems that the People's Republik of Karlsbad has "Orange County envy". Open space?....Greedy Developers welcomed here! Let's put outrageously priced; $800,000 McHouses, strip malls, roads, and businesses in. Then, the tiny slivers of adjacent undeveloped land...call them "preserves" because there's gnatcatchers and sea monkeys there.....now we can keep everyone off, so we can all feel good about the environment!

Mountain bikers?....WTF are those?

Yes, the North Shore truly rocks!

Canadian Invasion
    Its now quite obvious that I'm a proud canadian living in beautiful california. However, someday I plan on moving back to the motherland, and Vancouver is my target destination.

First of all, the girls there are awesome! Great nightlife and friendly people!

Rent seems soooo manageable compared to anywhere decent in the LA area.

Gorgeous Ocean scenery.... and beautiful mountains are a short drive away!

I love snowboarding so much, and mountain biking is my passion. What better place to hang my hat!?

I just need to spend a bit more time in Los Angeles, I've been here 5 years...and have only been biking here since last summer. I find californians similar to canadians, nothing but love for the west coast.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut
    We probably could if the powers that be let us build something other than the sanitized crap that passes for trails out here. It's difficult to get mountainbikers motivated to build trails that appeal to the lowest common denominator (Sunday hikers) that'll probably get taken away from us when a hiker who comes out once a year and has never done a minute of trail work complains about those damn bicycles.
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

To A Displaced Canuck

Be forewarned living in BC is not with out it's discipline and that is the weather. But the up side is when it is dry you got to be grinning ear to ear. The cost of living may take an adjustment. I believe somethings are more expensive. If you want to ride next weekend I will be going up to the Lagunas. I am a Canuck myself and wouldn't mind tipping a brew afterwards. Let me know. Later

Yes the Northshore truly rocks because they got closer to what we said in the 60's and never pulled it off.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have nothing but love for the people of Vancouver. Clean city. West Coast. Wonderful people. Relatively mild weather. Skiing. Hmmmm, I hear mountain biking is starting to catch on.....

I do have one issue. My buddy from So Cal fell in love while in Vancouver- not with the city with a woman. He married her and moved to Vancouver. I am happy for him. Bummed out because he was the guy who would do all of the driving (skiing, mtb, scuba, dirt bikes etc.) Oh well- at least I have a place to stay! Haha!