mtbr member
    Sep 2010

... Why does the Forest Service have to Destroy Trails?

mtbr member
    Because people build junk in the woods then loose interest and then leave it for others to clean up. Kind of like illegal aliens everywhere in California.
    San Marcos, CA

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Nice looking trail. Sorry to hear it's been destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa
    Because people build junk in the woods then loose interest and then leave it for others to clean up. Kind of like illegal aliens everywhere in California.
    It doesn't look like junk to me, nor does it look neglected.

Over the Hill
    Great trail looks like mucho fun.

Because the wooden features draw unwanted attention. When you build out of dirt, rocks and logs those anti-MTBers are less likely to call the forest service and complain. Like most government agencies the FS reacts to complainants.

Dean

Newt Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa
    Because people build junk in the woods then loose interest and then leave it for others to clean up.
    I found this reply strange as that is not even a rational reason for closing trails. In fact, it makes absolutely NO sense.

The PC mentality is rampant. It is a sad thing.
    Yes, steel is most certainly stronger than aluminum EVERY time.
    ~Frosty Struthers

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Am I seeing this right? Some guys not only cut an unauthorized trail, but the trail included ladders and large jumps?

I'm pretty sure that if those who cut the trails had left out such large man-made structures, the trail might have been left alone.

Does the FS even allow those on authorized trails?

Another question you may ask.....why do you have the cross post this like crazy. We get it, you don't like the FS......

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem
    Am I seeing this right? Some guys not only cut an unauthorized trail, but the trail included ladders and large jumps?

I'm pretty sure that if those who cut the trails had left out such large man-made structures, the trail might have been left alone.

Does the FS even allow those on authorized trails?

Another question you may ask.....why do you have the cross post this like crazy. We get it, you don't like the FS......
    This is basically it. If the trail had been round for years, say, it would be considered a "social" trail, and be more likely to let stand. But the wood features are a red liability flag to the the Land managers. More "natural" features, like log/dirt rolls and log rides set off to the side of the trail are a lot more acceptable.

I like ladders just as much as the next guy, but this is what we gotta deal with....
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.