Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
Results 376 to 388 of 388
  1. #376
    stillanoob
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    I had one welcome me the other day.

    Who's run over a Rattler?  now that its snake season-10450849_10201838560158056_5710230840814607522_n.jpg

  2. #377
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    61
    Came around a somewhat loose corner and ran into these guys...

    Who's run over a Rattler?  now that its snake season-2014-06-17-18.15.19-large-.jpg

  3. #378
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2
    Haven't seen any around the Simi Valley area....yet. I've seen trails from snake(s) but that's it....that said, I expect to see one today now.

  4. #379
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    81
    Is that a rabbit or a squirrel? That's a hell of a meal!

  5. #380
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by tubored View Post
    Is that a rabbit or a squirrel? That's a hell of a meal!
    A rabbit. I was kind of bummed, but life finds a way!


  6. #381
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by calistyle View Post
    Haven't seen any around the Simi Valley area....yet. I've seen trails from snake(s) but that's it....that said, I expect to see one today now.
    I saw one. I also saw a yellow and brown California King snake today. I wasn't able to get a picture though. This one is from about two weeks ago. He made a nice little fried appetizer and he's going to make a watch strap.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  7. #382
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8
    After having never seen a snake on my bike (only hiking or driving), I ran into 2 big rattlers today at El Prieto. The first one was so big and stretched right across the trail that I thought it was a big tree root at first but realized what it was once I was 2 feet away. He looked at me and then slowly slithered off into the bushes.

    Then after the end of El P proper, I ran into one at the creek crossing just before the ranger's houses. Literally ran into it, as I only saw it for a split second and then ran right over it. I heard some rattling behind me, then went to check on it but it disappeared.

  8. #383
    official eMpTyBRain
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    22,188
    Quote Originally Posted by nemnem View Post
    After having never seen a snake on my bike (only hiking or driving), I ran into 2 big rattlers today at El Prieto. The first one was so big and stretched right across the trail that I thought it was a big tree root at first but realized what it was once I was 2 feet away. He looked at me and then slowly slithered off into the bushes.

    Then after the end of El P proper, I ran into one at the creek crossing just before the ranger's houses. Literally ran into it, as I only saw it for a split second and then ran right over it. I heard some rattling behind me, then went to check on it but it disappeared.
    Thanks for the report. What time of the day was it?
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

  9. #384
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8
    Just before 11am

    Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

  10. #385
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I saw one. I also saw a yellow and brown California King snake today. I wasn't able to get a picture though. This one is from about two weeks ago. He made a nice little fried appetizer and he's going to make a watch strap.
    I forgot to post a follow up.



    Quote Originally Posted by nemnem View Post
    After having never seen a snake on my bike (only hiking or driving), I ran into 2 big rattlers today at El Prieto. The first one was so big and stretched right across the trail that I thought it was a big tree root at first but realized what it was once I was 2 feet away. He looked at me and then slowly slithered off into the bushes.
    How long do you think it was?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  11. #386
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    911
    Dude, that's awesome!!!
    honda seatcovers
    winter warm and summer cool
    little lambs no more

  12. #387
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8

    Who's run over a Rattler? now that its snake season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    How long do you think it was?
    First one was pretty big - at least 4 ft long and pretty thick like it had just eaten.

  13. #388
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,794
    ^ That would make a good belt!

    Disclaimer: Only if it's found in a heavily populated are, were it can't be safely relocated.

    Disclaimer: The above comments are not necessarily the opinions of MTBR.com or it's author. But then again, you never really know.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •