Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 601 to 700 of 1008
  1. #601
    Certifiably Crazy
    Reputation: Carloswithac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    442
    Thinking of doing Noble Canyon Wednesday morning. Probably going to climb the access road from the bottom trailhead and go down it. Not much of a downhiller, so I'm slow on the way down. Really don't want to do it alone, but I will. I figure I'll be there by 7 A.M.
    2013 Felt Edict Nine

  2. #602
    Hell Track
    Reputation: crewjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    844
    Anyone riding in l.a. Tomorrow? Looking to get out with some other folks

  3. #603
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    33

    Re: The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by crewjones View Post
    Anyone riding in l.a. Tomorrow? Looking to get out with some other folks
    Were u thinking I wanted to go but indont have anyone free tomorrow are u near san dimas


    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

  4. #604
    Hell Track
    Reputation: crewjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    844
    Not sure usually ride in Santa Monica mts. I'm in Glendale. I rarely ride east of Pasadena. Any spots in between Glendale and San Dimas you're familiar with?

  5. #605
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    32
    Planning on riding San Juan while visiting from Phx over 4th of July weekend. Can ride July 5th or 6th, or both! Let me know if anyone wants to join, it'd be my first time riding San Juan. Rode Noble Canyon (grind up access rd, bomb down trail) solo on my last trip out thataways from Phx. I'd rate Noble Canyon a 6/10 for difficulty compared to what I enjoy riding in Phx area. Other ride suggestions welcome, prefer to ride in the morning ~8. Thanks SoCal!

  6. #606
    mtbr member
    Reputation: robncircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    464
    Hi everyone

    I'll be riding tomorrow morning before work over in Caballero Canyon. Planning to start at 6:15AM. I will be climbing caballero, descending Hectic, back up Cab , down Cookies, back up Cab, down Cab. I will probably do the upper halfs of these routes too off farmers fire road. PM me if you want to meet. Would be nice to ride with others for once!

  7. #607
    mtbr member
    Reputation: patrickhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    267
    Hi everyone:

    I'm visiting Ventura (via PHX AZ) for the next week (7/5 to 7/12) and would love to hook up with someone for some singletrack bliss and buy someone a large Strawberry Quick afterward.

    Available to ride any day/any time on any type of terrain/distance (will be riding a Santa Cruz Solo 1x-11). PM me if you're interested.

    And if you're ever in the PHX area, let me know and I'd be happy to loan you a bike and introduce you to some of our best local trails.

  8. #608
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    332
    Hey Im visiting form out of town, staying in Ontario. I would like to get out and ride if anyone wants to show me around. Already rode Sycamore Canyon in riverside, fun trail! Directions, links to anything near by would be appreciated thanks!

  9. #609
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Br80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    137
    I have ridden two trails sorda close to Ontario. The first is Monroe Truck Trail: old truck trail turned singletrack that follows a beautiful creak bed before traversing a canyon wall to reach the ridge. Once you make the ridge you can continue up (no shade), Go down Mystic Canyon (non-technical, but steep and loose with moderate exposure) or go back down Monroe (super fast and flowy). This ride starts @ the base of Glendale Mountain Road.

    The other is El Prieto: a 4 mile climb up old fire road, followed by very technical and at time very exposed downhill through El Prieto Canyon. Very fun, but the downhill can kill you if you lose concentration. This one starts on a bluff just above NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena. Directions to either can be found on line.

    Have fun!

  10. #610
    SNMBA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    75
    Looking to ride some technical singletrack near Santa Monica or Hollywood tomorrow and/or Friday. Time is flexible.

  11. #611
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Directions to Suicide trail in Agoura? From Torrance? Anyone? Looks fun and I haven't ridden it yet.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  12. #612
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    Directions to Suicide trail in Agoura? From Torrance? Anyone? Looks fun and I haven't ridden it yet.
    That's a tough one to find yourself. Easier with a guide. When you thinking of riding?

  13. #613
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    LOL, a buddy and I were going to do it today, but since neither of us had directions, we rode Aliso woods instead, Rock it and Lynx. Maybe next Friday. BTW, nice shot of "Just Outstanding" in your avatar.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  14. #614
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kdiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    766
    Part of Sui got torn up and sabotaged by an angry hiker. You might want to see what the conditions are like before you make the drive.

  15. #615
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Damn, that sucks! It would be nice to catch them doing that.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  16. #616
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    LOL, a buddy and I were going to do it today, but since neither of us had directions, we rode Aliso woods instead, Rock it and Lynx. Maybe next Friday. BTW, nice shot of "Just Outstanding" in your avatar.
    I can ride Friday around 6. Or Saturday.

    JO is the shizz! Haven't been up there since the fire though. Any idea how it is?

  17. #617
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    I can ride Friday around 6. Or Saturday.

    JO is the shizz! Haven't been up there since the fire though. Any idea how it is?

    It is the shizz! I haven't been up there since the Shuttle Fest last year and I only did Friday Cannell then so I haven't done JO since the previous year. I might be able to go to Suicide then. That's a little earlier than I usually go, but I can probably pull it off. lemme check with a couple of my buds to see if they can go then too and I'll let u know what's up.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  18. #618
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    It is the shizz! I haven't been up there since the Shuttle Fest last year and I only did Friday Cannell then so I haven't done JO since the previous year. I might be able to go to Suicide then. That's a little earlier than I usually go, but I can probably pull it off. lemme check with a couple of my buds to see if they can go then too and I'll let u know what's up.
    6pm is earlier than you ride?

  19. #619
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PerfectZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    JO is the shizz!
    Damn in retrospect I really wish I could have rallied to hit it last weekend when I was up there.
    buzzes like a fridge

  20. #620
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bcbailey25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38
    Snow summit tomorrow who's going to be there? Message me if you need a riding buddy.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

  21. #621
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    6pm is earlier than you ride?
    LMAO! I thought u meant 6AM. I'm off work Fridays so I usually do a morning ride. Unfortunetly I can't do a 6pm ride, (soccer practice for my kid).
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  22. #622
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,857
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    Damn in retrospect I really wish I could have rallied to hit it last weekend when I was up there.
    All things considered, I doubt it would have been the best it could be for you if we would have tried.

  23. #623
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    LMAO! I thought u meant 6AM. I'm off work Fridays so I usually do a morning ride. Unfortunetly I can't do a 6pm ride, (soccer practice for my kid).
    You have a couple of options...you can HAB up a tough climb with a DH bike, or ride it with your AM bike (~4mi including Sui). Or you can do a medium length ride (~9mi) or a super fun 2 1/2 hour 18 mile ride. If you can ride early Saturday am, I'd recommend the latter, given your travel distance..

  24. #624
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    You have a couple of options...you can HAB up a tough climb with a DH bike, or ride it with your AM bike (~4mi including Sui). Or you can do a medium length ride (~9mi) or a super fun 2 1/2 hour 18 mile ride. If you can ride early Saturday am, I'd recommend the latter, given your travel distance..
    Hmm, well I'd be doing it on my Uzzi which I can ride up or down on. And I'd either do the medium or long route. I just need to figure out if Saturday is doable. The wife usually has plans on Sat so I'm home with the kids.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  25. #625
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2
    Hello. I am new to the forum but ride alot. I ride a cross bike with knobby tires. I ride centuries and alot of gravel/fire roads...
    Looking for a saturday group in the pasadena-glendale area... Any info or advice woul be a appreciated...

  26. #626
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kdiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    766
    I recently moved to Orange County and am looking for some people to ride with. I do some trail riding and a little DH. I typically ride local trails on the weekends, and also like taking bike trips occasionally up to Northstar, Mammoth, or Tahoe.

    To give you an idea of the trails I have been on and like, I have ridden at Aliso Woods, The Luge, The Chutes, Sullivan Canyon, Pt. Mugu, and Pinos.

    Getting out on the trails is something I do every weekend, and it would be great to have some company.

  27. #627
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jazzanova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,631

    Re: The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    I am riding aliso woods tomorrow.
    Hopefully from 7am to 10-11.
    I am saying "hopefully" because I spent the whole day out today and the heat was just too much.
    Anyway, if you want to join me, let me know.

  28. #628
    Hell Track
    Reputation: crewjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    844
    Yeah, Got to get it early this time of year. I hit the trail around 9am this morning and it was already too hot

  29. #629
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Riding Chumash and Hummingbird with EatsDirt tomorrow at 7:30, if anyone wants to join.

  30. #630
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,857
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Riding Chumash and Hummingbird with EatsDirt tomorrow at 7:30, if anyone wants to join.
    Wow, you're hardcore!

  31. #631
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Wow, you're hardcore!
    I felt like crap today. Need to get back on the horse, and quick!

  32. #632
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,857
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    I felt like crap today.
    Me too. While I enjoyed our ride today, I was suffering badly. I'm sure it was clear since I did all that HAB up the steep stuff.

    I am really interested in climbing/descending Johnson. If I weren't taking the girls to the Fair tomorrow, I might join in again or try Johnson myself.

  33. #633
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Me too. While I enjoyed our ride today, I was suffering badly. I'm sure it was clear since I did all that HAB up the steep stuff.

    I am really interested in climbing/descending Johnson. If I weren't taking the girls to the Fair tomorrow, I might join in again or try Johnson myself.
    Let's shoot for Saturday am?

  34. #634
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,857
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Let's shoot for Saturday am?
    I work all weekend next weekend. I do that once a month.

  35. #635
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,857
    How was the ride this morning?

  36. #636
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Good, aside from both of us going otb at different points. I broke my front brake lever, but we were both okay. EatsDirt is a really good rider and an even nicer guy.

  37. #637
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    100
    Planning to ride el prieto for the first time tomorrow morning. Gonna do a 7am start time. Staging in parking lot off N. Windsor ave.

    If anyone wants to join let me know.

  38. #638
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EatsDirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    553
    Tks for the kind words Kragu... you're a great guy/rider yourself!

    Lets go get some redemption on suicide some time soon when it cools down a little...

  39. #639
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by EatsDirt View Post
    Tks for the kind words Kragu... you're a great guy/rider yourself!

    Lets go get some redemption on suicide some time soon when it cools down a little...

    Let me know when u guys are going to do it and I'll join if I can.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  40. #640
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2w4s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,147
    Im in for a sui ride with you guys, too.
    nothing witty here...

  41. #641
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492
    Cools down? You mean like....November?

    Geez!

    I'm down for a weekend morning or late afternoon (weekdays are good after like 5:30) on a day where the high is 90 or so. Should be in the low 80's during those times. Keep an eye out for a day like that...

  42. #642
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Friday AM maybe?
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  43. #643
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by drew840 View Post
    Planning to ride el prieto for the first time tomorrow morning. Gonna do a 7am start time. Staging in parking lot off N. Windsor ave.

    If anyone wants to join let me know.

    How was it? I haven't ridden there before either.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  44. #644
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rode Bonelli this morning but even though I got a fairly early start, it was pretty hot. High today 108 at my house. I'm thinking of doing Wrightwood next Sunday a week from today. Anyone interested?
    Here is today's ride. Hawg I'm also planning on Cannell in late October if you are interested again.

    <iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/590589721'></iframe>

  45. #645
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Friday morning doesn't work for me. Gotta work.

    El Prieto is the ****, but I'm hearing conditions aren't awesome. Hawg?

  46. #646
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,857
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Friday morning doesn't work for me. Gotta work.

    El Prieto is the ****, but I'm hearing conditions aren't awesome. Hawg?
    The creek bed is dry for the first time that I have ever seen before. Just like everywhere else, the trail is really dry, loose, and super dusty. I'd call it fair condition, so go hit it.

  47. #647
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492
    Who's up for an 8am Cheseboro/Sui ride Saturday? Or El Prieto...haven't been out there in a while.

  48. #648
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,857
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Who's up for an 8am Cheseboro/Sui ride Saturday? Or El Prieto...haven't been out there in a while.
    Bring a bucket of water, a sponge, and a bar of soap to clean your dirt coating off after you ride EP if you go there.

  49. #649
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Bring a bucket of water, a sponge, and a bar of soap to clean your dirt coating off after you ride EP if you go there.
    I never leave El P in the same condition I came.

  50. #650
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    588
    Anyone plan to ride Simpson park in Hemet this Saturday?
    I've never been there, just got the GPS file from Geoladders.

  51. #651
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EatsDirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    553
    Anyone in N.LA area want to roll out to Suicide or something similar this weekend? Would love to do 2-3k elevation with some fun/tech descents... Limited in my knowledge of trails outside of Reseda/SM area and would be stoked to ride some new stuff.

    Kragu, you ridin?

  52. #652
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Unfortunately, no. Work both days this weekend. 2w4s knows the area well, and your riding abilities are really similar. Y'all would have a blast.

  53. #653
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2w4s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,147
    @ EatsDirt, i'm gonna ride somewhere this weekend, send me a text 310 343 2192
    nothing witty here...

  54. #654
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s View Post
    @ EatsDirt, i'm gonna ride somewhere this weekend, send me a text 310 343 2192
    Change of plans for me...I'm good for Sunday AM. I'll be the slow guy, though.

    This would be fun: Cheseboro/Suicide
    Or: Johnson's/RP/HB/Chumash/Johnson's

    Open to other stuff, too.

    PZ, Hawg?

  55. #655
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EatsDirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    553
    Sounds good! I just checked out a vid of Suicide and would really like to give it a whirl, but I'm up for whatever.

  56. #656
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLODell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Elings in the morning

  57. #657
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    I know its late notice, but anyone up for a ride in the morning? I'm up for Sui, or Backbone or Aliso woods or San Juan?
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  58. #658
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    I know its late notice, but anyone up for a ride in the morning? I'm up for Sui, or Backbone or Aliso woods or San Juan?
    Dang, your know motto should be, "have bike, will travel to ride".

  59. #659
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Dang, your know motto should be, "have bike, will travel to ride".
    LOL, I'm in Torrance, kinda in the middle of all of those.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  60. #660
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLODell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Snow Summit tomorrow morning.

  61. #661
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by SLODell View Post
    Snow Summit tomorrow morning.
    How much longer are they open for the season?
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  62. #662
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLODell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    How much longer are they open for the season?
    I have no clue, hopefully until after tomorrow at least.

  63. #663
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by SLODell View Post
    I have no clue, hopefully until after tomorrow at least.
    LOL. I just checked their website. Looks like they're going to be open Fri-Sun until the winter weather arrives. I might have to go again before the season is over, maybe next Fri if my new DH wheels are done, (LB Hookless Carbon rims 26"x38mm wide x 32 deep laced to Hope hubs, DT Supercomps and alloy nips).
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  64. #664
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLODell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    LOL. I just checked their website. Looks like they're going to be open Fri-Sun until the winter weather arrives. I might have to go again before the season is over, maybe next Fri if my new DH wheels are done, (LB Hookless Carbon rims 26"x38mm wide x 32 deep laced to Hope hubs, DT Supercomps and alloy nips).
    Dang, sounds expensive

  65. #665
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by SLODell View Post
    Dang, sounds expensive
    Nah, not too bad. I already had the hubs laced to some Stans rims, so I just had to buy the rims, spokes and nips. The rims are $170.00 each, a lot cheaper than Envy's.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  66. #666
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLODell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    Nah, not too bad. I already had the hubs laced to some Stans rims, so I just had to buy the rims, spokes and nips. The rims are $170.00 each, a lot cheaper than Envy's.
    Not bad at all

  67. #667
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EatsDirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    553
    Anyone up for Backbone Kanan to Etz out/back tomorrow?

    2w4s are you pedalin?

  68. #668
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9
    I'm gonna be in the San Diego area til the 7th of November. Im out here from Tucson for work. I'm looking for some group rides or a guide/buddy. I'll have local AZ beer to broker new friendships. I'll be available mainly on the weekends but wouldn't mind a late afternoon weekday ride or two.

    I'm really hoping to ride noble canyon/BLT with someone familiar with the area.

  69. #669
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by EatsDirt View Post
    Anyone up for Backbone Kanan to Etz out/back tomorrow?

    2w4s are you pedalin?
    I took tomorrow off work and I'm prob gonna Backbone, Kanan to Coral Canyon and back. What is Etz?
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  70. #670
    R.I.P. DogFriend
    Reputation: jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,698
    Etz Maloy is a section of Backbone that is a little ways west of third tunnel IIRC.

  71. #671
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    I took tomorrow off work and I'm prob gonna Backbone, Kanan to Coral Canyon and back. What is Etz?
    Etz Meloy Motorway is one of several "checkpoints" on the ride from Kanan to Circle X, heading west from Kanan. You'll be heading east, so you won't be riding on or to Etz. Some of the common legs of that ride would be Kanan to Encinal, Encinal to Mulholland, Mulholland to Etz, Etz to Yerba, Yerba to the Sandstone Peak lot. That whole ride is about a 32mi out and back. Tons of fun!

    I'll be riding Sui tomorrow around 230 if that fits your plans. I know you've been wanting to get out there, if you haven't already.

  72. #672
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Etz Meloy Motorway is one of several "checkpoints" on the ride from Kanan to Circle X, heading west from Kanan. You'll be heading east, so you won't be riding on or to Etz. Some of the common legs of that ride would be Kanan to Encinal, Encinal to Mulholland, Mulholland to Etz, Etz to Yerba, Yerba to the Sandstone Peak lot. That whole ride is about a 32mi out and back. Tons of fun!
    I'll be riding Sui tomorrow around 230 if that fits your plans. I know you've been wanting to get out there, if you haven't already.

    Yea, I've done Coral Canyon to Kanan and back a bunch, but I've never continued west from Kanan before. How is it in comparison? And damn! I still haven't done Sui yet! I really want to, but I have stuff to do in the afternoon so I have to do an early ride.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  73. #673
    Binned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    Yea, I've done Coral Canyon to Kanan and back a bunch, but I've never continued west from Kanan before. How is it in comparison? And damn! I still haven't done Sui yet! I really want to, but I have stuff to do in the afternoon so I have to do an early ride.
    West from there is similar to east of the tunnel for the first 5 or so miles, mixed in tech on twisty ST with some really steep ups and downs. Then it dumps you off on Encinal Cyn Rd and from there, the terrain opens up a bit and you start to gradually climb up to the tops of the ranges. You will cross Mulholland and that in my opinion is the best section of BB in the entire Santa Monica Mountains, especially on the way back. You'll climb up to Malloy and that where it turns into fire road for a stretch. You'll cross through white gate section that everyone is talking about then you'll get onto some pavement (turn left) for a very short stretch. The trailhead is kind of hidden on your right so pay close attention. On that section of trail, you you continue to climb gradually. Once you get onto the Southern side of the range, you'll be way up and if it's a clear day, you'll be treated to SPECTACULAR views of the Pacific including several of our nearby islands. Lots of extreme exposure through here so be careful. Eventually you will arrive at a section where the trail switches over the hill and you drop back down the other side. Stay on the trail at the bottom and it will take you to a dirt parking lot. That's your turn around spot. This is a 25-30 mile out and back from the Kanan tunnel.

    I strongly suggest a guide through there since there is a few spots where you could get lost along the way.

  74. #674
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    West from there is similar to east of the tunnel for the first 5 or so miles, mixed in tech on twisty ST with some really steep ups and downs. Then it dumps you off on Encinal Cyn Rd and from there, the terrain opens up a bit and you start to gradually climb up to the tops of the ranges. You will cross Mulholland and that in my opinion is the best section of BB in the entire Santa Monica Mountains, especially on the way back. You'll climb up to Malloy and that where it turns into fire road for a stretch. You'll cross through white gate section that everyone is talking about then you'll get onto some pavement (turn left) for a very short stretch. The trailhead is kind of hidden on your right so pay close attention. On that section of trail, you you continue to climb gradually. Once you get onto the Southern side of the range, you'll be way up and if it's a clear day, you'll be treated to SPECTACULAR views of the Pacific including several of our nearby islands. Lots of extreme exposure through here so be careful. Eventually you will arrive at a section where the trail switches over the hill and you drop back down the other side. Stay on the trail at the bottom and it will take you to a dirt parking lot. That's your turn around spot. This is a 25-30 mile out and back from the Kanan tunnel.

    I strongly suggest a guide through there since there is a few spots where you could get lost along the way.


    Cool, thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out soon.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  75. #675
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    That leg on the way back from Encinal to Kanan is the toughest. Not super difficult by itself, but at the end of a 30 mile ride, especially in the heat, it can be kinda rough. Luckily, it looks like summer heat is starting to subside...

  76. #676
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    That leg on the way back from Encinal to Kanan is the toughest. Not super difficult by itself, but at the end of a 30 mile ride, especially in the heat, it can be kinda rough. Luckily, it looks like summer heat is starting to subside...

    I bet. 30mi offroad is no joke. Add in steep open climbs in the heat and it can be brutal. I'll try it when it's a lot cooler, if not cold.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  77. #677
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Walnart View Post
    I'm gonna be in the San Diego area til the 7th of November. Im out here from Tucson for work. I'm looking for some group rides or a guide/buddy. I'll have local AZ beer to broker new friendships. I'll be available mainly on the weekends but wouldn't mind a late afternoon weekday ride or two.

    I'm really hoping to ride noble canyon/BLT with someone familiar with the area.
    member of meetup group in san diego.. if we do some night rides in los penasquitos this week, your welcome to be my +1.. usually start at 7pm and done by 8:30-9pm..

  78. #678
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or View Post
    member of meetup group in san diego.. if we do some night rides in los penasquitos this week, your welcome to be my +1.. usually start at 7pm and done by 8:30-9pm..
    I'd love too, but when I got out here, I realized that I left my lights at home. I am bummed.

  79. #679
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492

    The "Who wants to ride?" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Walnart View Post
    I'd love too, but when I got out here, I realized that I left my lights at home. I am bummed.
    Oh, that's the worst! I left all of my riding clothes at home and discovered it just before an after work ride. Rolled up my slacks and went out anyway...

  80. #680
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLODell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Hummingbird in Simi in the morning. Anyone in??

  81. #681
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by SLODell View Post
    Hummingbird in Simi in the morning. Anyone in??
    I'll wave to you as I drive by on my way to work.

  82. #682
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    37

    Anyone down to ride Mt. Wilson/Mt. Lowe 11/1/14

    I am looking for anyone (group too) who has ridden Mt. Wilson and or Mt. Lowe to ride with Saturday November 1.

  83. #683
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    967
    I'm riding Wednesday this week, as in October 29. Thinking of Riding SART from Post Office to South Fork. It's a good 27+ mile ride and about 3,400 feet of gain. I will be taking a mellow pace with the exposure and my current ride setup. Let me know if anyone is interested quickly. I know the trails quite well, and it is amazing riding. If I do not get any takers I'll ride something more local as this ride is not something I prefer to ride alone. We can stop for a couple Beers at hanger 24 on the way out.

  84. #684
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,492
    Chumash/Hummingbird for me this afternoon. Anyone down?

  85. #685
    mtbr member
    Reputation: whitewheels29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Chumash/Hummingbird for me this afternoon. Anyone down?
    wish i was closer to ya, how is it up there? as far as difficulty?

  86. #686
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    I'm off work Thurs/Fri if anyone's down for a ride.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  87. #687
    mtbr member
    Reputation: whitewheels29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    I'm off work Thurs/Fri if anyone's down for a ride.
    Where where you thinking?

  88. #688
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by whitewheels29 View Post
    Where where you thinking?
    I'm open to suggestions, but I've been wanting to try suicide. Or something similar.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  89. #689
    mtbr member
    Reputation: whitewheels29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    I'm open to suggestions, but I've been wanting to try suicide. Or something similar.
    wish I could do technical stuff again, but not yet and its out of my drive time. sorry brother.

  90. #690
    mtbr member
    Reputation: whitewheels29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    127
    just youtubed it and looks awesome, maybe someday I will hit that up! have fun out there!

  91. #691
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by whitewheels29 View Post
    wish I could do technical stuff again, but not yet and its out of my drive time. sorry brother.
    No worries man.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  92. #692
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EatsDirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    553
    Suicide Friday mid day might work. You good with a 3k / 20 mile loop?

  93. #693
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by EatsDirt View Post
    Suicide Friday mid day might work. You good with a 3k / 20 mile loop?
    Maybe, how late in the day and how long does it take? Friday afternoon traffic sucks on the drive home for me so I usually start in the morning. I have kid stuff to do in the later afternoon/early evening, (kids soccer practice). I just put my new DH wheelset on so I'd be a little slower on the climbs. A shuttle or an out and back might be quicker/easier or an earlier time.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  94. #694
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EatsDirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    553
    I was thinking maybe 10am. Should give you plenty of time to beat traffic back if you did full loop, and you can cut it short after Sui. I did full ride in 2 hrs but that was pushing a good pace.

    Let me know...

  95. #695
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by EatsDirt View Post
    I was thinking maybe 10am. Should give you plenty of time to beat traffic back if you did full loop, and you can cut it short after Sui. I did full ride in 2 hrs but that was pushing a good pace.

    Let me know...
    Sounds good. I'll PM u to sort out the details.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

  96. #696
    mtbr member
    Reputation: whitewheels29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    127
    Has anyone been to Cuyamaca State Park recently? I found some good stuff on trails.com but I think realy people would know better. I think its about an hour from me, maybe less. thanks in advance
    GT Timberline 1.0 29er
    'Merica runs on coffee and bacon.

  97. #697
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLODell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    I'm in for Suicide on Friday!

  98. #698
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mrmattjohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    845
    I'm going to PQ on friday around 1pm(first time going.) If anyone wants to ride let me know. I can ride for about 2 hours.

  99. #699
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLODell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    What's PQ?

  100. #700
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shredman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by SLODell View Post
    I'm in for Suicide on Friday!
    Sweet! See u there!
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 01:03 AM
  2. "Welsh Ride Thing" aka GDR-Wales thread
    By Singlespeedpunk in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 09:32 AM
  3. Happy Birthday to J(ay) "weekly urban ride thread" Blincoe today!
    By SVSocrates in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 02:17 AM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 11:33 PM
  5. Yet another "first clipless ride" thread!
    By abegetchell in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:21 AM

Members who have read this thread: 101

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •