Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilverZ View Post
    Any rides this weekend? I'm in camarillo, but willing to drive a little bit. XC/AM riding style..
    I'm heading out again this weekend for sure. Definitely riding both days, but not sure where yet.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

So Cal Slayin'
    Sounds good man, let me know what you decide and maybe we can meet up.

mtbr member
    I'll be in the SD area from March 24-31. I'm from Co, I am bringing my Yeti. I prefer early morning rides so I can do other things during the day while on my trip. I would like to stay within 45 mins of where I'm staying but wouldn't mind driving to that "must do" trail.
    Let me know if you wanna ride.

b a n n e d
    Sounds good man, let me know what you decide and maybe we can meet up.
    Well weather calls for rain sunday and on Saturday I'm riding up Sullivan ridge and back to get in a good spin, but probably won't be hitting any singletrack with this one.

So Cal Slayin'
    Yea, I was just looking at the weather report also.. I guess I should take this weekend to set up my new tires tubeless. Maybe we can work something out one of the coming weekends.

Team Fearless Descender
    Yep, drizzle in WLA right now (Friday AM), so assuming the WX folk are right and it does not rain until Sat PM / Sun, we'll be riding something in the SM's Sat mid morning. Maybe Sully up / Backbone down into Will Rodgers?

Look for a Ventana or two and a Knolly.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    i wanna ride tomorrow morning cause i'm gonna demo ride a pivot march 5.7 carbon. weather channel/yahoo weather said its not raining tomorrow but **** its gonna b muddy as hell. hopefully its will dry up just enough to just be able to ride

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Anybody riding around in Chino Hills or Walnut area?

Ridin' Furry
    Doing a charity ride in alpine on may 5th. 25, 50 and 62 Mile Bike Rides. Gonna do the long ride on my mountain bike. It is a road ride but it will still be fun.

Alpine Challenge Bicycle Ride

Anyone else plan on doing any of the rides?

mtbr member
    Hey everyone -- great forum/community and great thread you've got here, I am looking forward to becoming an active contributor.

I am a novice MTBer looking for people to ride with in the Thousand Oaks area. I generally ride Los Robles/Rosewood or Wildwood Park area trails on weekdays after work (~6pm) but would be happy to drive out to other trails on the weekends. If any other beginners are interested or anyone is willing to have a beginner tag along please let me know!
    hasweL - 2012 Specialized Hardrock Disc 29er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hasweL View Post
    Hey everyone -- great forum/community and great thread you've got here, I am looking forward to becoming an active contributor.

I am a novice MTBer looking for people to ride with in the Thousand Oaks area. I generally ride Los Robles/Rosewood or Wildwood Park area trails on weekdays after work (~6pm) but would be happy to drive out to other trails on the weekends. If any other beginners are interested or anyone is willing to have a beginner tag along please let me know!
    Ever ridden Chesebro? I'm meeting a few buddies out there on Saturday morning in case you'd like to tag along with us.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Ever ridden Chesebro? I'm meeting a few buddies out there on Saturday morning in case you'd like to tag along with us.
    Yup! C'mon out. Leaving the lot AT 9:00.

b a n n e d
    PM System is down . . . just tried sending messages to Cfrea and QuickSilverZ about this saturday.

mtbr member
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out this weekend or next weekend. For the next couple weeks I can only do midweek rides. However, I've subscribed to this thread and will keep an eye on it for upcoming rides!
    hasweL - 2012 Specialized Hardrock Disc 29er

mtbr member
    Anyone looking to ride tomorrow morning? I live about 30miles east of LA and ride DH. Shuttling only here. Hit me up at abrahamcastellanos at live . com and I'll get your message on my phone.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by slimphatty View Post
    Anyone looking to ride tomorrow morning? I live about 30miles east of LA and ride DH. Shuttling only here. Hit me up at abrahamcastellanos at live . com and I'll get your message on my phone.
    im interested
    My backyard is the mountains..

mtbr member
    May 2008
    anyone riding/want to ride in Ventura County this weekend?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    anyone in north county want to take a n00b on his first trail?

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by duderidesabike View Post
    anyone riding/want to ride in Ventura County this weekend?
    I'd love to, but this rain has pretty much made this weekend a "maintenance" weekend. Off to the LBS for parts!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I'd love to, but this rain has pretty much made this weekend a "maintenance" weekend. Off to the LBS for parts!!
    As dry as it was I'm thinking space mountain or Gridley/Pratt should be ok by sunday.

Dirty by Nature
    Jun 2010
    ^^ San Diego? I've given some organized beginner lessons before, but I live in San Juan Cap. We could ride the Weedpatch in San Clemente. If it's north OC, then we could ride Laguna Coast/El Moro, Aliso, or Santiago Oaks. I can ride after 4:30 during the week or anytime on weekends. Let me know if that works.

Doug
    Friends don't let friends ride e-"bikes" on dirt.

Nature is not a sidewalk.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    yeah north sd county. but i dont have a car i ride my bike everywhere i go. i really want to ride calavera but one friend who rides road bikes said i should start off at like guajome or something. he said calavera is pretty rough in some parts. i had to ride my bike today to go to my work and the bank ha ha. riding in the rain is pretty fun except for inconsiderate *******s who almost smash you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    man that weed patch trail looks fun. im a BIG dude id be afraid to break those obstacles ha ha. how sturdy are they? im gonna have to see if i can get a friend to borrow a bike and take me out there ha ha. all my friends ride road bikes : (

mtbr member
    I rode the weedpatch for the first time a month ago, met a guy out there named Daemon, he showed us a bunch a cool stuff.

Dirty by Nature
    Jun 2010
    ^^ I just moved to San Juan a couple months ago, so I'm about 15 minutes from the Weedpatch (most of the features are better than they look!), and I'm about 5 minutes from Las Ramblas (similar but smaller).

It really helps to have a guide your first few times there. Feel free to PM me if anybody wants a tour.

mtbr member
    going to try some Spring canyon tomorrow on new Guardian, Mast Blvd.around 9 am . Anyone interested?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

San bernardino

Anybody from the San Bernardino area?

mtbr member
    Anyone ride Mission Trails? I live about 1/2 mile from there and never go because I don't know the trails too well. I've only been with a friend once and he led the pack.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Anyone riding in the Santa Monicas tomorrow? PM me.

BMF
    Oct 2007
    I am up for epic/long rides in San Diego this week. Hit me up via PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Looking for Niner rentals in LA

From the philippines here, planning to visit LA on May3 to 15. Can anyone recommend a shop where we can rent niner bikes would be nice if the shop is close to a trail. Forgot to mention we are staying in Pasadena.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hey everyone,

I'm returning to mountainbiking after a long hiatus. I haven't ridden since I was in high school in the late 90's.....Just picked up a trek fuel ex 8. I'm located in North county San Diego (Vista), but have friends in OC and Riverside county as well. My work schedule affords me a lot of free time, so I'm always down to ride. I look forward to riding more and learning lots along the way.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Looking for a partner to ride with in SD area

From AZ, in town visiting family, looking to go riding tomorrow morning or evening, haven't rode in the SD area so looking for a person who knows some killer trails to ride on and with. Would say I am a little above average rider.

mtbr member
    glendale intermediate rider looking to go on a semi technical, uphill ride today. willing to drive to santa monica mountains, angeles crest, JPL or other relatively local locations. tell me if interested! names joe

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Looking for a group of people to ride with in the West LA area but am willing to drive. Beginner/intermediate.

So Cal Slayin'
    Any rides this friday? I am in Camarillo, willing to drive a bit. Trail/AM riding style..

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 4theloveofbikes View Post
    Looking for a group of people to ride with in the West LA area but am willing to drive. Beginner/intermediate.
    Also beginner/intermediate(?) - not really sure since I mostly ride alone haha. What I do know is I'm sloooow as heck going uphill and I have no qualms about resting/walking on the way up.

Looks llike no surf this wknd so 90% chance I'll be biking Sat and Sun early morning locally. My go to areas are:
    Sullivan (usually do Canyon up then Ridge down route)
    Mugu Sycamore (usually do up Sycamore fire road>up Ranch Center>down Wood Canyon>(if I still have energy)>back up Sycamore fire road>down Sin Nombre/Two foxes. Also sometimes up Guadalasco and down the backbone.

I like Chesebro/Sheep Corral? also.

If the above fits any other riders and are down let me know. I do hit the trails early though as I'm an early AM person. As in like get there around 6-7AM style (used to early AMs from my main hobby/sport - trails are nice and empty at that time too!)

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by WLAmtb View Post
    Also beginner/intermediate(?) - not really sure since I mostly ride alone haha. What I do know is I'm sloooow as heck going uphill and I have no qualms about resting/walking on the way up.

Looks llike no surf this wknd so 90% chance I'll be biking Sat and Sun early morning locally. My go to areas are:
    Mugu Sycamore (usually do up Sycamore fire road>up Ranch Center>down Wood Canyon>(if I still have energy)>back up Sycamore fire road>down Sin Nombre/Two foxes. Also sometimes up Guadalasco and down the backbone.

If the above fits any other riders and are down let me know. I do hit the trails early though as I'm an early AM person. As in like get there around 6-7AM style (used to early AMs from my main hobby/sport - trails are nice and empty at that time too!)
    I ride there too but I am NOT an early person! I am willing to hit dirt by 9:00

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WLAmtb View Post

Sounds like my type! Except we get out around 9 also.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    007, 4theloveofbikes right on! Looks like some surf trickiling in down in OC, so will be doing that this wknd. But we get lots of flat spells in summer, so I'll hit you guys up soon!

Peace!

mtbr member

North LA County group ride

Looking for a group to ride with in north LA county (Angeles Forest, Golden Eagle, Santa Clarita, etc.) this weekend. Looks like a great weather weekend. What's going on?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Sorry for the early start y'all. Hopefully we can meet up some other time for a more "normal" start time ride haha. But I naturally wake up at 5:30am so I like to get going rather than wait tomorrow.

I plan to be at the Chesebro lot by 7AM. I want to try and make it up to China Flats this time (haven't gone past that look out above Sheep) . Please see my ealier post for my riding level details.

PM if interested. I'll check it around by 11pm or so. Peace!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    How's it going everyone? Been lurking around the site for a while and finally signed up today. I live in Santa Clarita.
    I'm looking for a riding buddy/buddies to do some trail riding with. Im a newbie/intermediate rider. Basically ride on whatever trails I find in my area. Haven't been on any crazy technical trails yet.

Also go down to San Fernando Valley quite often to hit some trails. If you're in that area and feel like doing some weekend riding sometime let me know.

GiANT REVEL 1
    Noob guy here! Im new to the forum also...just recently moved from stockton, ca to san diego and have been lurking on the forums quite some time now and im also looking for riding buddies around the san diego north county area (rancho bernardo)...

i just have been riding/exploring where i reside... havent hit any trails yet... let me know if anyone is down to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I am planning to spend my summer holidays this year in California, and I was planning to take this opportumity to make a few bike trips in the area of Santa Cruz. I am experienced mountain biker, did several trips in Alps in Europe, as well spend few weeks biking on Colorado trials.

I will be there totally alone from 7th of July till 12 of July, and I was thinking that maybe I will find over there some local bilers to ride with. Anyone want to co-ride?

Dirty by Nature
    Jun 2010
    ^^ There are definitely some fun trails in the Santa Cruz area (Demo Forest and Skeggs come to mind), but you'll need to post in the Norcal forum to get some local riders. Have fun!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    East Coast transplant here new to the Oceanside area. Dying to ride, but I don't know any MTBers in the area. Looking for people to ride with in or near Oside/Encinitas. I'm a pretty decent all mountain/xc rider, but I'll need to acclimate myself to these things called hills out here

No car until september, but I will throw in gas money. Someone PM me, my bike is depressed!

Dirty by Nature
    Jun 2010
    ^^ I'm in San Juan Capistrano, and there are some really fun trails--the Weedpatch--in San Clemente, probably about 25 minutes from you. Mostly just fun s/t with some steep/bermy sections and a few features. Also, the San Juan Trail is just a little further up the road and is a must do. Pm me when you get a car!

So Cal Slayin'
    Any rides tomorrow? I'm in Camarillo, but willing to drive a little bit.

b a n n e d
    Any rides tomorrow? I'm in Camarillo, but willing to drive a little bit.
    Hey man, I'm riding Upper and Lower Brown Mtn. tomorrow if you are interested. Kinda a hike for ya, I know . . . but lemme know if you are interested and I'll get you directions. Its out near Pasadena.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast