Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I am riding Hummingbird and/or Animal in Simi Valley this saturday around noon or earlier... anyone want to join?

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Here's a clip from our ride today. The trails are in great shape and dusty just like everywhere else...
    I wish we could see speed data along with these video's . . . that would be pretty cool. I know that at some points later in the ride, we kept a pretty good pace (on the gravity assisted sections anyway )

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wi1trackrider View Post
    Looking for riders in Tehachapi, Rosamond, Lancaster. In Tehachapi, rides from Meadow Brook Park along the RR tracks down to the loop, or other routes? Plan on riding early this Sunday AM. When things cool down a bit this fall, looking for rides up by Kernville - Kern Canyon, Keysville, JO, Plunge, Whisky Flats, etc.
    I responded to your post in the AV/high desert thread, but I'll do it here too. I'm in Tehachapi and I'm looking for a riding buddy, too (small world). I'm down for XC, trail and AM, and I ride road, too. Hit me up it you want to put something together.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by carspidey View Post
    I am riding Hummingbird and/or Animal in Simi Valley this saturday around noon or earlier... anyone want to join?
    Might be down for that ride I usually ride Sullivan cnyn. But need to try something different .

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yeggsfab View Post
    Might be down for that ride I usually ride Sullivan cnyn. But need to try something different .
    the trails by Rocky Peak in Simi are technical and rocky if you are used to riding singletrack on smooth and flowy terrain then these trails will make you better...

hummingbird has some rock gardens... optional drops... a few tight switchbacks... you do this trail and you'll be hooked... then we can do the others ones too.. they are nice...

let me know if you are coming... we'll be meeting around noon or a bit earlier...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Riding Hummingbird in Simi Valley again this weekend... saturday 11:30 am... post here if interested...

b a n n e d
    AmbassadorHawg and I are hitting Cheseboro on Saturday morning . . . sometime around 9:00 - 9:30 ish (I think).

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

mtbr member
    I moved to Santa Barbara a couple weeks ago, I'm looking for people to ride with. I'd be happy to help build trails too. I've been to the BMX race track but it's not really the kind of riding i'm into, I'd rather do DJ or FR or light DH. I've done a lot of XC but there weren't a lot of kids my age (18 now) doing that in NW WA.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome.

My XC bike (EX 8) is still at my old house, i'm looking at buying a bike depending on what kind of riding i'll do, the types of trails that I can visit, etc. Currently i've only got a SS cyclocross bike if anyone wants to just ride around non-techy stuff for funsies.

Thanks
    Last edited by Octopusbeak; 10-19-2011 at 10:53 AM.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=ambassadorhawg;8502646]Here's a clip from our ride today. The trails are in great shape and dusty just like everywhere else...

Can you give us directions to this section of trail?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopusbeak View Post
    I moved here a couple weeks ago, I'm looking for people to ride with. I'd be happy to help build trails too. I've been to the BMX race track but it's not really the kind of riding i'm into, I'd rather do DJ or FR or light DH. I've done a lot of XC but there weren't a lot of kids my age (18 now) doing that in NW WA.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome.

My XC bike (EX 8) is still at my old house, i'm looking at buying a bike depending on what kind of riding i'll do, the types of trails that I can visit, etc. Currently i've only got a SS CX bike if anyone wants to just ride around non-techy stuff for funsies.

Thanks
    where is here?

I am in Canoga Park but usually ride in Simi Valley... if you are around this area let me know and i'll take you to some fr/dh trails...

i ride on Tuesdays and thursdays after work (sometimes mondays and fridays too ) and then on the weekends... usually saturdays...

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongway View Post
    Can you give us directions to this section of trail?
    Park in the lot just past Tunnel 1 on Kanan-Dume road and take the trail that goes up OVER the tunnel (warning: the first section is total brutality right out of the gates). After the first climb, just follow the trail and keep going . . . you'll go up, you'll go down, etc. Its an out-n-back kind of ride. Lots of fun . . .

b a n n e d
    I should also add that you can also go the other way (not over the tunnel) for some singletrack as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by carspidey View Post
    where is here?

I am in Canoga Park but usually ride in Simi Valley... if you are around this area let me know and i'll take you to some fr/dh trails...

i ride on Tuesdays and thursdays after work (sometimes mondays and fridays too ) and then on the weekends... usually saturdays...
    Hah, apparently wrote that a little to late at night. I just moved to Santa Barbara.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopusbeak View Post
    Hah, apparently wrote that a little to late at night. I just moved to Santa Barbara.
    yup... that's far from me...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Anyone riding Noble Canyon on Saturday morning?

I am from out of town, wanting to try out Noble while on my holiday. I am a high intermediate/expert rider with solid technical skills (all the rides at home have rocks, roots, etc)but my climbing legs are a bit less than I woudl like so I am hoping to shuttle the ride. I have a hardtail rental bike so I'll be going a bit slower than I woudl with my bike, but still would like to get the Noble experience.

If anyone is heading up there Saturday morning, it would be great to have some riding partners.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Park in the lot just past Tunnel 1 on Kanan-Dume road and take the trail that goes up OVER the tunnel (warning: the first section is total brutality right out of the gates). After the first climb, just follow the trail and keep going . . . you'll go up, you'll go down, etc. Its an out-n-back kind of ride. Lots of fun . . .
    thx!

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    A bunch of us are going up to Idyllwild this weekend to support some friends doing the San Jac Challenge. We're planning on riding Thomas Mtn/Ramona on Saturday (maybe noon?). Sunday will probably be Alvin Meadows in the morning. Lemme know if you want to join.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

pewpewpew Moderator
    I am riding Santa monicas early morning. Hoping to roll by 630 or 7. Post here or IM if any interest. Will have to be a quickie I have an appt at 11 am. Start capri and amalfi and then wherever as long as back at car by 945 latest.
    Love, Impy

b a n n e d
    I'm riding Sullivan Canyon Sunday morning with a couple other trolls . . . anyone interested? 9:00 a.m. start. Probably a slow one . . . up the canyon to mulholland, bent arrow then back down.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelspinn View Post
    I wish I could. Saturday was my day. Ended up riding from the chesebro lot to china flat, up to simi peak and back down suicide. That was a pretty beasty ride for me. Going down suicide is just rough, even on my enduro sl.
    I didn't know you were located in socal.

Well its nice to see this thread, I ride a lot in Santa Clarita. I have a lot of work to do so finding time to set up rides is hard cause the little free time I get is pretty sporadic. Its good to know that this thread is here, I'll be checking in and will post up when I go riding.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    Anybody up for a quick spin in Laguna Coast/ElMo this Wednesday? I can start by 4 from Ridge Park.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    we are looking for new Juniors - not riders from another club, but kids that want to learn competive cycling and without a team affiliation. Dan Belling at CyclesVeloce

cyclesveloce@gmail

pewpewpew Moderator
    I am riding tommorow. Santa Monicas. Probably up sullivan, over to WR Backbone and down to backbone. Post here or PM me if you are interested. Likely rolling 9 am but could accomodate other times...
    Love, Impy

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy View Post
    I am riding tommorow.
    Oh heck, I wish I'd seen this last night.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast