Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Certifiably Crazy
    Thinking of doing Noble Canyon Wednesday morning. Probably going to climb the access road from the bottom trailhead and go down it. Not much of a downhiller, so I'm slow on the way down. Really don't want to do it alone, but I will. I figure I'll be there by 7 A.M.
    2013 Felt Edict Nine

Hell Track
    Anyone riding in l.a. Tomorrow? Looking to get out with some other folks

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: The "Who wants to ride?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by crewjones View Post
    Anyone riding in l.a. Tomorrow? Looking to get out with some other folks
    Were u thinking I wanted to go but indont have anyone free tomorrow are u near san dimas

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

Hell Track
    Not sure usually ride in Santa Monica mts. I'm in Glendale. I rarely ride east of Pasadena. Any spots in between Glendale and San Dimas you're familiar with?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Planning on riding San Juan while visiting from Phx over 4th of July weekend. Can ride July 5th or 6th, or both! Let me know if anyone wants to join, it'd be my first time riding San Juan. Rode Noble Canyon (grind up access rd, bomb down trail) solo on my last trip out thataways from Phx. I'd rate Noble Canyon a 6/10 for difficulty compared to what I enjoy riding in Phx area. Other ride suggestions welcome, prefer to ride in the morning ~8. Thanks SoCal!

mtbr member
    Hi everyone

I'll be riding tomorrow morning before work over in Caballero Canyon. Planning to start at 6:15AM. I will be climbing caballero, descending Hectic, back up Cab , down Cookies, back up Cab, down Cab. I will probably do the upper halfs of these routes too off farmers fire road. PM me if you want to meet. Would be nice to ride with others for once!

mtbr member
    Hi everyone:

I'm visiting Ventura (via PHX AZ) for the next week (7/5 to 7/12) and would love to hook up with someone for some singletrack bliss and buy someone a large Strawberry Quick afterward.

Available to ride any day/any time on any type of terrain/distance (will be riding a Santa Cruz Solo 1x-11). PM me if you're interested.

And if you're ever in the PHX area, let me know and I'd be happy to loan you a bike and introduce you to some of our best local trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hey Im visiting form out of town, staying in Ontario. I would like to get out and ride if anyone wants to show me around. Already rode Sycamore Canyon in riverside, fun trail! Directions, links to anything near by would be appreciated thanks!

mtbr member
    I have ridden two trails sorda close to Ontario. The first is Monroe Truck Trail: old truck trail turned singletrack that follows a beautiful creak bed before traversing a canyon wall to reach the ridge. Once you make the ridge you can continue up (no shade), Go down Mystic Canyon (non-technical, but steep and loose with moderate exposure) or go back down Monroe (super fast and flowy). This ride starts @ the base of Glendale Mountain Road.

The other is El Prieto: a 4 mile climb up old fire road, followed by very technical and at time very exposed downhill through El Prieto Canyon. Very fun, but the downhill can kill you if you lose concentration. This one starts on a bluff just above NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena. Directions to either can be found on line.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Looking to ride some technical singletrack near Santa Monica or Hollywood tomorrow and/or Friday. Time is flexible.

mtbr member
    Directions to Suicide trail in Agoura? From Torrance? Anyone? Looks fun and I haven't ridden it yet.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member

The "Who wants to ride?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    Directions to Suicide trail in Agoura? From Torrance? Anyone? Looks fun and I haven't ridden it yet.
    That's a tough one to find yourself. Easier with a guide. When you thinking of riding?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    LOL, a buddy and I were going to do it today, but since neither of us had directions, we rode Aliso woods instead, Rock it and Lynx. Maybe next Friday. BTW, nice shot of "Just Outstanding" in your avatar.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Part of Sui got torn up and sabotaged by an angry hiker. You might want to see what the conditions are like before you make the drive.

mtbr member
    Damn, that sucks! It would be nice to catch them doing that.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member

LOL, a buddy and I were going to do it today, but since neither of us had directions, we rode Aliso woods instead, Rock it and Lynx. Maybe next Friday. BTW, nice shot of "Just Outstanding" in your avatar.
    I can ride Friday around 6. Or Saturday.

JO is the shizz! Haven't been up there since the fire though. Any idea how it is?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    I can ride Friday around 6. Or Saturday.

JO is the shizz! Haven't been up there since the fire though. Any idea how it is?

It is the shizz! I haven't been up there since the Shuttle Fest last year and I only did Friday Cannell then so I haven't done JO since the previous year. I might be able to go to Suicide then. That's a little earlier than I usually go, but I can probably pull it off. lemme check with a couple of my buds to see if they can go then too and I'll let u know what's up.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member

It is the shizz! I haven't been up there since the Shuttle Fest last year and I only did Friday Cannell then so I haven't done JO since the previous year. I might be able to go to Suicide then. That's a little earlier than I usually go, but I can probably pull it off. lemme check with a couple of my buds to see if they can go then too and I'll let u know what's up.
    6pm is earlier than you ride?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    JO is the shizz!
    Damn in retrospect I really wish I could have rallied to hit it last weekend when I was up there.
    definite malingerer

mtbr member
    Snow summit tomorrow who's going to be there? Message me if you need a riding buddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    6pm is earlier than you ride?
    LMAO! I thought u meant 6AM. I'm off work Fridays so I usually do a morning ride. Unfortunetly I can't do a 6pm ride, (soccer practice for my kid).
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    Damn in retrospect I really wish I could have rallied to hit it last weekend when I was up there.
    All things considered, I doubt it would have been the best it could be for you if we would have tried.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member

LMAO! I thought u meant 6AM. I'm off work Fridays so I usually do a morning ride. Unfortunetly I can't do a 6pm ride, (soccer practice for my kid).
    You have a couple of options...you can HAB up a tough climb with a DH bike, or ride it with your AM bike (~4mi including Sui). Or you can do a medium length ride (~9mi) or a super fun 2 1/2 hour 18 mile ride. If you can ride early Saturday am, I'd recommend the latter, given your travel distance..
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    You have a couple of options...you can HAB up a tough climb with a DH bike, or ride it with your AM bike (~4mi including Sui). Or you can do a medium length ride (~9mi) or a super fun 2 1/2 hour 18 mile ride. If you can ride early Saturday am, I'd recommend the latter, given your travel distance..
    Hmm, well I'd be doing it on my Uzzi which I can ride up or down on. And I'd either do the medium or long route. I just need to figure out if Saturday is doable. The wife usually has plans on Sat so I'm home with the kids.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hello. I am new to the forum but ride alot. I ride a cross bike with knobby tires. I ride centuries and alot of gravel/fire roads...
    Looking for a saturday group in the pasadena-glendale area... Any info or advice woul be a appreciated...

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast