Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiff View Post
    I live in Aliso Viejo and am looking for people to ride with locally that would also like to go on some longer trips eventually (Downieville, OR, AZ, Kernville, Tahoe, CO, etc).

I'm mid-30's with a professional job that requires I come into work in one piece, so I won't be hucking myself on any 20' gaps. That being said, I do enjoy some good aggressive trail riding. I like to climb, but I like to descend more. I'm also up for some good XC singletrack. Riding is one of the few things I do that helps me de-stress from work and not be in my head.

As far as personality, I'm respectful (including with peoples stuff), like to have a good time and always up for some lively banter in the spirit of fun. If it matters, I am drug-free but I do enjoy alcohol now and then.

My local rides are typically around 10-20 miles and up to around 3k feet of climbing. I work M-F, so riding is typically morning on weekends (start anytime between 6am-9am). I might also start doing Wednesday night rides.

Feel free to PM if you're interested.
    I'm up for early morning weekend rides

jr

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Going to be hitting up Santiago Oaks today around 2:30pm for quick ride... gotta end by 4pm. PM me if anyone is interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr711 View Post
    I'm up for early morning weekend rides

jr
    Hey jr, let's meetup one of these weekends for a ride. I am definitely up for meeting more people to ride with locally, but I would really like to find some people I mesh with that are also wanting to do some trips.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    The weather is looking good this Sunday (12/27) for a ride. PM me if you are interested in riding Whiting on Sunday morning at 8:30 a.m. The trails should be dried out by then and we can ride off some holiday calories!

mtbr member
    Spamer, that's clearly not So Cal.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Forum noob here and somewhat new to riding trails. I've been wanting to hit some easy trails at night in the San Dimas/Azusa area. Recommend any good trails and possibly show a newbie around?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    In Carlsbad Monday-Thursday next week from NorCal and looking to find someone to ride Noble Canyon with me. I have room for 2 bikes in my truck. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrshr01 View Post
    Forum noob here and somewhat new to riding trails. I've been wanting to hit some easy trails at night in the San Dimas/Azusa area. Recommend any good trails and possibly show a newbie around?
    You're near the San Gabriel mountain ranges, right? Oh yeah, good idea to have someone very familiar with the trails to show you around especially if you're new to the sport in that area and planning to venture there at night. If you haven't done so already, might be worthwhile to check and see if any of your local bike shops have scheduled group night rides.

Speaking of which, I'm in the South Bay/Torrance area so I normally ride at PV Del Cerro Park trails or drive out to the Santa Monica Mountains. It's odd, maybe I need to do a more thorough search myself but there doesn't seem to be many organized/regular night rides in LA County. As opposed to OC which tends to have regular night rides especially at the Fullerton Loop.

Anyone know of any scheduled/organized night rides in the LA County area? Plenty of organized morning rides but I'm more of a night owl type. Any input is appreciated! See ya on the trails!
    Strength of a grizzly; Reflexes of a puma; And the wisdom of a man

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by EsHan13 View Post
    You're near the San Gabriel mountain ranges, right? Oh yeah, good idea to have someone very familiar with the trails to show you around especially if you're new to the sport in that area and planning to venture there at night. If you haven't done so already, might be worthwhile to check and see if any of your local bike shops have scheduled group night rides.
    Dang, is it that bad in that area?

I've looked at local organized rides by bike shops, while it sounds cool being in a large group, I prefer around 3 - 4 person group. Too many riders has potential to really drag the ride out with stops and possible breakdowns.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I will be in San Diego this Sunday (Feb 28th). I have rented a bike and I had someone to ride with, but they can't make it anymore.

Anyone interested in showing me around? I can ride as early as around 11 am. Last year I rode Nobel Canyon. It almost killed me but I finished. I am interested in something with some elevation changes, and mountain or ocean views. Intermediate level is probably best, I can ride black diamonds but on travel I should take it is little easier.

I am 47 years old and consider myself a B+ rider.

Thanks!

Pirate Race Productions
    Apr 2005
    x-post from another thread:

I'm looking to do some long rides around San Diego Wednesday to Friday 3/15-17. I'll buy your gas, post ride beers.
    Last edited by stackout; 03-14-2016 at 10:33 AM.

mtbr member
    I'm a new rider (been on roadies for a while though) looking for someone to ride with who can show me around the local trails, I live in west Hollywood so Santa Monica and Pasadena areas from what I've found... I'd like to get out riding tomorrow (Sunday) and can typically ride Sundays or Tuesday / Friday afternoons

Pirate Race Productions
    Apr 2005
    bump - now with bribes

mtbr member
    Sent a pm

Nate Cotterman
    Mar 2016
    Im looking for some more people to ride with. Up early on weekends but also game for afternoon/evening rides. Live in Culver City but willing to drive. Also new to forum. Noticed you said you drive up to SM Mountains and thought maybe we can meet up to ride. Im in my early 30's, BMXed since I was a kid, got a bike about a year ago. PM if your down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by natecotterman View Post
    Im looking for some more people to ride with. Up early on weekends but also game for afternoon/evening rides. Live in Culver City but willing to drive. Also new to forum. Noticed you said you drive up to SM Mountains and thought maybe we can meet up to ride. Im in my early 30's, BMXed since I was a kid, got a bike about a year ago. PM if your down.
    Were you referring to me? Because yes, I do drive up to the Santa Monica Mts. every chance I get. I live in the South Bay though now which is about 20 miles south so whenever I do drive up to the Santa Monicas I try to get in at least a 2 hours + ride (i.e. try to make the most of it since I'm out there).

I'd be glad to show you around if our schedules match. But just be forewarned I'm a strictly XC guy so if you're looking for the "gnarl" hucks and jumps, I'm the wrong guide and you'd probably be more interested in riding the San Gabriel Mts. as well.

However, if long serene rides are appealing and you're looking for someone to prevent ya from getting lost, I'd be happy to show you or anyone else around the Santa Monica Mts. I'll PM you once I have a definitive date/time I plan on being out there.
    I'm thinking maybe the weekend of March 26th or 27th in the afternoon (i.e. 1pm-ish as I tend to sleep in on the weekends )

See ya on the trails!

Nate Cotterman
    Mar 2016
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I was referring to you (I'm new to this forum thing) I don't think I replied in the right spot. Im not looking to throw myself to my death, but I do like El Prieto and Sunset Ridge. But also love jetting down the single track at Sullivan Canyon. Im in for some XC riding (as long as its single track) , I rode out and back on backbone out of Will Rodgers last week and had a blast. I work down in El Segundo, so maybe we could even meet up at Palos Verdes for an evening ride.

Thanks for the reply!

mtbr member
    Right on...LOL ya pretty much ride the same trails as I do! So I wouldn't be too much of a "guide" but more of a wingman cause ya already know all the trails that I'm familiar with and frequent at the Santa Monica Mts. Nonetheless, next time I plan on hitting that range, I'll send a PM.

Palos Verdes/Del Cerro is my regular weekend ride but it tends to be hit and miss with some riders. No where near as extensive as Santa Monica so I ride in loops. Biggest complaint by some riders is that it's always either short spurts of uphill or downhill and nothing in-between. But I enjoy it as the single track although short, is fast and flowy. Plus the views are spectacular and other trail users tend to be friendly and laid back.

I'll send a PM your way with my contact info. See ya on the trails!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Me and my buddy will be hitting up Santiago Oaks today at 4:30pm, anyone is welcome to join we're meeting at the Hidden Canyon trail head look for SC Bronson and Trek hardtail.

mtbr member

The "Who wants to ride?" thread

Anyone want to shuttle Telonics this Friday or Sat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfudge02 View Post
    Anyone want to shuttle Telonics this Friday or Sat?

Damn! I have not ridden that yet, but I would really like to do that, but I'm going to the Vegas SX Saturday! Maybe next time.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    Damn! I have not ridden that yet, but I would really like to do that, but I'm going to the Vegas SX Saturday! Maybe next time.
    Yeah, definitely. I'm fairly new to the sport so I'd love to meet all the people I can. Lmk whenever

mtbr member
    Update: did Telonics for the first time today, solo.. Nobody else up there while I was there. Kinda kicked my ass to be honest. Haha
    Anyone wanna head back up there this week?

Bike4life
    I ride Big Sycamore Cyn in the Santa Monica Mtns every Wednesday 2:00 till dark. 16 to 20 miles. If your down then hit me up. More the better.
    15 - Novara Tupelo hardtail 29er
    94 - Cannondale H300 hybrid, 700c

mtbr member
    Anyone wanna do Santiago today at 430

mtbr member
    Gonna bike somewhere above Glendale tomorrow with a buddy, if any other people have the day and wanna join pm me

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Any meet ups at Santiago oaks during the week ?

mtbr member
    Gonna bike somewhere above Glendale tomorrow with a buddy, if any other people have the day and wanna join pm me
    In the San Gabes or San Raphael Hills?

mtbr member
    Didn't end up going yesterday I'm actually in the hospital from unrelated matter.
    Planning to do turnbull on Mon or. Tuesday morning

mtbr member

The "Who wants to ride?" thread

Laguna beach tomorrow @ around 8-9

members only
    Can anyone ride Mt. Pinos in the middle of the week? I havenít ridden there on the new bike yet but my car canít take 2 bikes. I can park my car at the 405 & Rinaldi or thereabouts, Iíll help pay for gasÖ
    I ride solo 98% of the time

mtbr member
    I can do fridays if we leave after 7am. I'd like to check that place out. Could even be good to get few more peeps. I have a jeep w a motorcycle trailer. If more people are interested and can only do Wednesday let me know I can probably take it off.

members only
    I can do fridays if we leave after 7am....
    Friday is good, actually any day while I'm in-between jobs at the moment Just don't want to do Sat or Sun to avoid all the people that would be up there. If just two of us would we still need the trailer?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ET_SoCal View Post
    Can anyone ride Mt. Pinos in the middle of the week? I havenít ridden there on the new bike yet but my car canít take 2 bikes. I can park my car at the 405 & Rinaldi or thereabouts, Iíll help pay for gasÖ
    But then you have to adjust the riding solo percentage in your signature!

I have yet to ride it. Do you know the way there and to the top and the way back down?

members only
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    ... Do you know the way there and to the top and the way back down?
    I've been going up there for over 30 years, know the area "like the back of my hand", have done this trail and others in the snow with nordic skis and have MTB this trail from the bottom of the "Y" (turn-off to Pine Mt) to the top & back about 20 times the past 15 years.

mtbr member
    Nice, well if it's just us two I have a Thule 2 bike hauler on a hitch, even 3 of the third is a smaller rider with an easily detachable wheelset.. But yeah other than that need more. I have another friend who may wanna come too, he has a extended cab truck that can fit four bikes in the back

members only
    So.... Tomorrow Friday the 30'th??? Or .... Next week?

mtbr member
    Well, I do have the day free and am coincidentally picking up some pads in Glendale at 11am

members only
    I usually like to leave around 8 or 9am... takes an hour to drive there & about 3 or 4 hour total ride time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ET_SoCal View Post
    So.... Tomorrow Friday the 30'th??? Or .... Next week?
    Tomorrow is the 20th. I'm working. Go and enjoy!

members only
    [QUOTE=Hawg;12643851]Tomorrow is the 20th...[QUOTE]

Oops... looks like next week, jfudge02 & I are busy tomorrow morning

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=ET_SoCal;12643869][QUOTE=Hawg;12643851]Tomorrow is the 20th...

Oops... looks like next week, jfudge02 & I are busy tomorrow morning
    Next Friday is the 27th.

mtbr member
    In all fairness sometimes the week does seem 10 days long

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Trying to get a group together for Wednesday evening rides at Sullivan Canyon. Meet at Queensferry Rd. trailhead at 7:00!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by benflood09 View Post
    Trying to get a group together for Wednesday evening rides at Sullivan Canyon. Meet at Queensferry Rd. trailhead at 7:00!
    I can make that next week, after that I'm not sure
    Riding a Brooks saddle mounted to Reynolds 853

mtbr member
    Anyone riding Laguna this afternoon?

members only
    Still looking for someone to ride @ Mt Pinos during the week, I believe jfudge02 can only do Friday's (Which is OK by me) but we keep getting derailed the past few Friday's. My car can't really take 2 bikes so I'll help pay for gas..

mtbr member
    I could make that on a Friday once my schedule changes two weeks from now, I can take a second bike if it's got an open main triangle, I don't have one of those adapter but we can probably figure something out if it doesn't...
    Riding a Brooks saddle mounted to Reynolds 853

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I'm planning to go to Snow Summit on Sunday the 5th and to spend the night. I'm planning to take the lift up and ride the XC trails like Pirate's and Fern and Skyline. I also want do spend some time in the skill builder area. Anyone else going to be up there?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    I'm planning to go to Snow Summit on Sunday the 5th and to spend the night. I'm planning to take the lift up and ride the XC trails like Pirate's and Fern and Skyline. I also want do spend some time in the skill builder area. Anyone else going to be up there?
    I'll be up there in mid July for a stretch. But I ain't taking no lifts. I like to earn my rides back down by grinding up to the top via man power (except for Exploration), lol.