mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Who rides Mid-Week? Invite to join me on SART March 27 or 28

I too live close to Bonelli and Marshall Canyon (Mira Loma area), but as much as I enjoy riding there, I like to ride higher elevation stuff more. I often drive up and ride SART which is epic. I am going next week Wednesday or Thursday if anyone wants to join me. Driving out to Redlands, up Hwy 38, and ride a 16.5 mile loop I do and 2185' elevation gain. I will be leaving home by 0700, and you will be back home to IE area no later than 2 pm. You can meet me at trail head if that is better for you. I am not fast, but do it for the fun and fitness of it. I guarantee you will have a blast if you like to ride mountain stuff. PM me if interested. I know the trail well and carry GPS. You will need to carry a fair amount of water, food, and basics as it is a wilderness ride. Nice kitty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who rides Mid-Week? Invite to join me on SART March 27 or 28-imag0007.jpg  

Who rides Mid-Week? Invite to join me on SART March 27 or 28-2012-04-04_15-40-06_561.jpg  

Who rides Mid-Week? Invite to join me on SART March 27 or 28-2012-04-04_15-10-58_118.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I can't make this Wed, March 27, but I can make a future Wed. Just PM when you decide to go again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sounds good. I usually go at least once per month. Seems most everyone works weekdays, so I ride alone all the time. Maybe April 10 will work. Week after that I'll off weekend for the LBGP.

mtbr member
    No SART riding for me until after the Counting Coup. Have fun. I hear the trails are pretty nice with only a few downed trees here and there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    trmn8er-my husband and I live in orange county and usually ride midweek during the day. if you have a change of plans and want to stay more local, we're planning on doing a 1/2 day ride in chino hills with about 50% single track. I can't PM since I just joined mtbr and don't meet minimum number of posts so I'm posting here instead.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy23 View Post
    No SART riding for me until after the Counting Coup. Have fun. I hear the trails are pretty nice with only a few downed trees here and there.
    Good luck on that ride! I checked the web site and that looks like an adventure. PM me after you recover, and perhaps we can ride SART.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsons View Post
    trmn8er-my husband and I live in orange county and usually ride midweek during the day. if you have a change of plans and want to stay more local, we're planning on doing a 1/2 day ride in chino hills with about 50% single track. I can't PM since I just joined mtbr and don't meet minimum number of posts so I'm posting here instead.
    Very cool to get that invite. I may take you up on that. Do you know the trail? Ironically, I live very close, yet never ride Chino Hills. I have heard so much is closed to bikes. You can email me too at trbofr2@gmail.com
    Last edited by trmn8er; 03-27-2013 at 04:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Great. I just sent you an email.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsons View Post
    Thanks for showing me around up there today. It's humbling to ride with people in much better shape, and yet that is how I get better. You and Mark are in great conditioning. I did the Google map from the other entrance, and it's like 12 miles from my driveway (1/2 the distance), so I will be riding that very soon, probably next week. Not sure why I have not ridden up there sooner! I would like to take a little longer loop next time and get out there earlier too. Thanks again...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    No problem. It was nice meeting you as well. Chino Hills is in great shape this time of year...could be the backdrop for a western right now. I believe Soquel entrance is closed right now so that leaves 91/green river or lambert/142 or rim crest. check out a map and hit up sidewinder, bane and scully ridge while it's still green and not overgrown. enjoy!