Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: who here boats?

mtbr member

who here boats?

...This may be a TOTAL threadjack, but does anyone here boat? like go to the river or anything, just curious how many ties there are between boaters and mtb'rs.....i have a few friends on the hotboat.com forums, we cruise to the river or havasu and just chill, but i just was curious how many people in here boats.....btw: here are a couple pics of mine.

Glad to Be Alive
    nice boat
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    I have a place out in Havasu and I am out there alot this time of year. Nice boat.

mtbr member

River Rat

I've been going to the river for years. I used to have a place in Parker but sold it when kids came. Now we rent a house in Havasu 2 - 3 times a year for a week, plus lots of weekend visits to different places.

Nice boat Focker. Good for Parker but I'm guessing it's a rough ride at Havasu. I used be into tunnel hull outboards but now it's about a deeper V for me. (with 370 hp in a 20')

I'll keep an eye out for your boat when I'm out there. Next trip for me is June 8-12

C

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CalEpic
    I've been going to the river for years. I used to have a place in Parker but sold it when kids came. Now we rent a house in Havasu 2 - 3 times a year for a week, plus lots of weekend visits to different places.

Nice boat Focker. Good for Parker but I'm guessing it's a rough ride at Havasu. I used be into tunnel hull outboards but now it's about a deeper V for me. (with 370 hp in a 20')

I'll keep an eye out for your boat when I'm out there. Next trip for me is June 8-12

C

oh for sure its usually on the strip, and yes it SUCKS on havasu, which is why if i launch it at take off point or cattale, i dont go very far where it gets deep....im just usually wanting to roll in it on the river since its glass, and this picky hull only likes glass! lol....yeah for sure ill see you out there.

Reid

mtbr member
    Malibu v-drive for me, i stay on the big lake, sandbars are too scary! Stay at Havasu Springs resort a coupla times a year. It used to tear me up when I rode my bike at Castaic and looked down at all that butter i could be riding, so i dont take my bike there now! scott

Stray Bullet
    Does this count?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Used to go to Parker all the time when I was younger (parents had a Hallet). Had my 21st bday at Roadrunner and everything

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Does this count?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Floater
    [QUOTE=Nagaredama]Does this count?

Yeah, it counts!

Here's what I paddle...
    4_010.jpg

Stray Bullet
    [QUOTE=Floater]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Does this count?

Yeah, it counts!

Here's what I paddle...
    4_010.jpg
    My next boat...

mtbr member

Nagaredama...

Nagaredama,
    Do you paddle for MDR? Looks like one of their Kanus. Good to see there are some other Canoe and ski paddlers that enjoy MTBing.

I paddle for Dana, and used to paddle and ski up in SB......

See you on the water or the trails!
    TG

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    Nagaredama,
    Do you paddle for MDR? Looks like one of their Kanus. Good to see there are some other Canoe and ski paddlers that enjoy MTBing.

I paddle for Dana, and used to paddle and ski up in SB......

See you on the water or the trails!
    TG
    Yup I paddle for MdR. I am in the red hat at the end of the Catalina race last year.

Taking most of this off due to a biking shoulder injury.

If you are ar our race June 3rd come ask for Tall Scott.

Front Range, Colorado
    Sweet boat! How many "feet" to the gallon does that ride get? With today's gas prices you must spend more time on shore than off. I boated and jet skied for years so I know the pain when you pull up to the pump.

right behind ya

who hear floats

Does this count

hard line, hard line, hard line after hard line

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    Sweet boat! How many "feet" to the gallon does that ride get? With today's gas prices you must spend more time on shore than off. I boated and jet skied for years so I know the pain when you pull up to the pump.

hey what up man? it has two 10-gallon tanks on the sides, so 20....it lasts about 45 minutes if youre just cruisin...ive never gone WOT(wide open throttle)....so im guessing i can hit almost 90 w/ it....its naturally asperated, and has 550 hp. i love it!

Reid

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aword4you
    Used to go to Parker all the time when I was younger (parents had a Hallet). Had my 21st bday at Roadrunner and everything

haha! my buddy had his there also, i love chillin at roadrunner / foxes. the tacos and drinks(duh) are great.

Reid

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by FOCKER
    hey what up man? it has two 10-gallon tanks on the sides, so 20....it lasts about 45 minutes if youre just cruisin...ive never gone WOT(wide open throttle)....so im guessing i can hit almost 90 w/ it....its naturally asperated, and has 550 hp. i love it!

Reid
    So you go through 20 gallons of fuel in 45 minutes of "just cruising". And that motor has to be ran on premium or some Trick racing gas. Just premium averages $3.60 a gallon on today's prices. So it cost a minimum of $72.00 for 45 minutes of cruising water time. And you know that your whole time out isn't "just cruising". You know you can not help but jump on the throttle of that beast, a couple of times per outing. I can imagine a lot of your day is spent on the shore admiring your ride. Don't get me wrong I love the boat but on today's gas prices it's a painful hobby.

No known cure
    So you go through 20 gallons of fuel in 45 minutes of "just cruising". And that motor has to be ran on premium or some Trick racing gas. Just premium averages $3.60 a gallon on today's prices. So it cost a minimum of $72.00 for 45 minutes of cruising water time. And you know that your whole time out isn't "just cruising". You know you can not help but jump on the throttle of that beast, a couple of times per outing. I can imagine a lot of your day is spent on the shore admiring your ride. Don't get me wrong I love the boat but on today's gas prices it's a painful hobby.
    Here's mine- 19 foot 1982 Hustler with a stroked 460 Ford. Power is 550/550 and does 90 mph on glass. My friend has a bigger boat so that's what we use at Havasu. I'm only a mile from Lake Silverwood so this just sees glassy mornings and afternoons with plenty of beach time in between.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I do!

Whitewater kayaking - all about gravity/human driven sports....

mtbr member
    I goto the river (park Moabi) and Naci and San Antonio.

mtbr member

oh yeah for sure i agree, but if i play it smart, one fill up could last me all weekend. but yeah gas sucks right now...it runs great on 91/premium.

Reid

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    Here's mine- 19 foot 1982 Hustler with a stroked 460 Ford. Power is 550/550 and does 90 mph on glass. My friend has a bigger boat so that's what we use at Havasu. I'm only a mile from Lake Silverwood so this just sees glassy mornings and afternoons with plenty of beach time in between.

hey vader that thing looks clean as hell! i saw an old hustler like that last fall at the parker strip where we all go. had the same colors and everything...yeah im sure my boat can pull 80 + but i havent found out yet at WOT.....i think ive just been at close to 70 and that was sick! have you checked out hotboat.com? they got the forums on there and one is only for just jets.....have a good day.

Reid

mtbr member
    May 2004

whitewater

Quote Originally Posted by macrider
    I do!

Whitewater kayaking - all about gravity/human driven sports....
    Amen...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kdinger
    Amen...
    Brush creek - a lot of bang for your buck there....old school boat - taken a few years ago? I'd be scared to piton something that long into the bottom (since the fire the drops are a LOT more shallow)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast