Thread: Whiting Ranch ?

Dohh!

Whiting Ranch ?

I heard a rumor that Whiting ranch is going to open up in July...can anyone confirm or deny this information? Looking forword to it opening up again.

Ride Hard, Ride Fast!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcka
    I heard a rumor that Whiting ranch is going to open up in July...can anyone confirm or deny this information? Looking forword to it opening up again.
    Check here http://ocparks.com/ . I'm excited...cant wait!!!

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Bummer, I'll be in CA right before it opens...
    Can you hear me now?

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    That is good news. I wonder how long before Santiago TT is opened? I have not heard if the mud slides last month took out the Luge of not. I know they were good before the rains from some pictures I had seen.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishin Paul
    That is good news. I wonder how long before Santiago TT is opened? I have not heard if the mud slides last month took out the Luge of not. I know they were good before the rains from some pictures I had seen.

Santiago Truck Trail/Luge/Old Camp/Joplin are all still part of the fire closure. Closed since Nov. '07 for at least 12 months. So I would figure on Nov. of this year at the earliest.

MV Rider
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    Santiago Truck Trail/Luge/Old Camp/Joplin are all still part of the fire closure. Closed since Nov. '07 for at least 12 months. So I would figure on Nov. of this year at the earliest.
    There is scuttlebut that the Cleveland National Forest lands currently closed, e.g. STT and Luge, may open when Whitting Ranch opens. Reportedly, the National Forest Service is under a lot of pressure to open Cleveland up again.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Rider
    There is scuttlebut that the Cleveland National Forest lands currently closed, e.g. STT and Luge, may open when Whitting Ranch opens. Reportedly, the National Forest Service is under a lot of pressure to open Cleveland up again.

I understand that......however, until further notice it will remain closed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I received an e-mail about two weeks ago from the OC Parks stating that Whiting would open in August, then a week ago they stated sometime in July. It will be opening soon!!! Once Whiting opens, the others will be opening shortly after.

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    [QUOTE=simmons182]I received an e-mail about two weeks ago from the OC Parks stating that Whiting would open in August, then a week ago they stated sometime in July. It will be opening soon!!! Once Whiting opens, the others will be opening shortly after.[/QUOTE]

Chad is ghey!

Today on the news the are reporting July 14 as the open date. Get those Mustard road legs warmed up.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey, I heard PhishinPaul only has 3 inches..................of travel. Just kidding Paul.

Per the OC Parks website it opens at 9:00am on July 12th. If the kid hasn't arrived yet we should plan on riding. I am sure it will be a zoo.