Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    333

    Where are you riding this weekend?

    I'm doing Mt. Pinos this weekend with some buds. We'll start at the McGill trail head, I'll add on the motorcycle trails from Cuddy turnout. It should be epic!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    223
    I'll either be doing a loop at Daley Ranch or Lake Hodges - something short & sweet, my little sis is getting married on Saturday so no time to dally

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    79
    I may do Chino Hills on Saturday and then off to Mammoth Lakes early Sunday.

  4. #4
    Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Reputation: SilverSpot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    850
    I'll be doing the Whiting/STT/Luge loop.

    Starting out through Whiting, out the backside of Whiting at 4 corners to Santiago Canyon Rd, up to the Santiago Truck Trail, down the luge, back into Whiting (by the stables), and then through the rest of Whiting then back to the start.

    It's about 16-18 miles.
    MCM# 2007.1

  5. #5
    Just passing through....
    Reputation: DaFireMedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbski
    I'm doing Mt. Pinos this weekend with some buds. We'll start at the McGill trail head, I'll add on the motorcycle trails from Cuddy turnout. It should be epic!
    Was thinking about doing Chino Hills, but now I've gotta work all weekend.
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SScheetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    200
    Mt. Wilson Toll road, then down upper, middle and lower Sam Merrill. Starting at 5:30 AM tomorrow (sat). Join us if you're interested.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    333

    Mt. Wilson/Merrills Rock!

    Quote Originally Posted by SScheetz
    Mt. Wilson Toll road, then down upper, middle and lower Sam Merrill. Starting at 5:30 AM tomorrow (sat). Join us if you're interested.
    I'm riding Pinos tomorrow, but next time yeah! Are you also doing Sunset Ridge and El Prieto? Are you doing this ride on a full rigid?

    I just did Mt Wilson Toll Road then down Rim Trail to Newcomb to Chantry about 2 weeks ago. It was a blast.

    later

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1-bar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Hmm, I'm thinking of Whitings ranch tomorrow, or El Toro off the 5.

  9. #9
    Mountain Bike Sensei
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    144
    Heading out to Flightline in Carlsbad tomorrow for the first time with the Wife and a friend to do some exploring. Hope we don't get stuck in traffic coming home because of the Fair.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SScheetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbski
    I'm riding Pinos tomorrow, but next time yeah! Are you also doing Sunset Ridge and El Prieto? Are you doing this ride on a full rigid?

    I just did Mt Wilson Toll Road then down Rim Trail to Newcomb to Chantry about 2 weeks ago. It was a blast.

    later
    We might do Sunset and El Prieto, don't know 'till we're there. Lower M gets full of hikers so that's a good option.

    And ... yes, full rigid SS.

    I've done the Chantry route, it's a blast.

  11. #11
    Ya, right.
    Reputation: DSDuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    815
    Flightline for the first time on Saturday morning. SM trail in Fallbrook in the afternoon. Since I can't ride Sunday, gotta get in two on Saturday.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbski
    I'm riding Pinos tomorrow, but next time yeah! Are you also doing Sunset Ridge and El Prieto? Are you doing this ride on a full rigid?

    I just did Mt Wilson Toll Road then down Rim Trail to Newcomb to Chantry about 2 weeks ago. It was a blast.

    later
    Is Rim Trail open? When did that happen? What kind of shape is it in?

  13. #13
    kneecap
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,378

    What are the MX trails?

    Quote Originally Posted by mtbski
    I'm doing Mt. Pinos this weekend with some buds. We'll start at the McGill trail head, I'll add on the motorcycle trails from Cuddy turnout. It should be epic!
    What are the MX trails @ Mt Pinios?
    We did Pinos a couple of weeks back, from very bottom to top, really tempted to head out north on the ridge trail @ top, but I guess that's wilderness, & don't know where it dumps out anyhow. Really pretty area, feels like you're really in the mountains.....well, I guess you are.
    Have fun

  14. #14
    cask conditioned
    Reputation: endo verendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    625
    Strawberry Peak.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SScheetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by endo verendo
    Strawberry Peak.
    Strawberry Peak is sweet! I think Iíll hit that in a couple of weeks. Yesterdayís Wilson Toll road, to Wilson, to Lowe, the 3 Merrills, was awesome. Next week Iíll be in Big Bear riding and camping with family.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,686

    Damm you all to hell

    Still waiting on a part for my bike, 3rd weekend in a row of no riding. thinking of building a quiver now.

    Seriously have a good time you all, sounds like loads of fun today.

  17. #17
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,026
    Hmmmmm......I spent all weekend rding the 24hr course out at Hurkey Creek in Idyllwild.

    mtnbikej

  18. #18
    Mountain Bike Sensei
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    Hmmmmm......I spent all weekend rding the 24hr course out at Hurkey Creek in Idyllwild.

    mtnbikej
    I will be going there this weekend for the first time. I am thinking about entering the race in Sept.

    How was the trail? Do you have any tips?

    Thanks

  19. #19
    Social Retard
    Reputation: the pup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    Hmmmmm......I spent all weekend rding the 24hr course out at Hurkey Creek in Idyllwild.

    mtnbikej

    I was just there yesterday. We rode up past the singletrack turn off for the 24hr course up to the Ernie Maxwell Tr into Humber Park. Hurkey Creek is really becoming popular, we saw lots of folk riding yesterday. Unfortunately the Deer Flies were hungry too.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    333

    Rim Trail is still closed

    Quote Originally Posted by STJunkie
    Is Rim Trail open? When did that happen? What kind of shape is it in?
    The trail is still closed. The upper part is sandy and needs some work. The washed out section is still washed out. Otherwise still a great ride.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    333

    Scott Russell Fire-MX Trails

    Quote Originally Posted by kneecap
    What are the MX trails @ Mt Pinios?
    We did Pinos a couple of weeks back, from very bottom to top, really tempted to head out north on the ridge trail @ top, but I guess that's wilderness, & don't know where it dumps out anyhow. Really pretty area, feels like you're really in the mountains.....well, I guess you are.
    Have fun
    The trails are located off the Scott Russell Fire Road. After getting off the Fwy head west bound about 3 miles?, park at cuddy turnout on right hand side just past Scott Russell fire rd. Park at turnout, climb Scott Russell fire rd to mx trail about 2 miles?(be careful, you could miss it). MX trail will eventually dump you back on another main fireroad heading downhill and toward Pinos direction ending in a large dirt lot adjacent to hwy. Follow singletrack parallell to hwy to McGill trailhead and head up to Pinos. This add on to Pinos will add about 5 miles each way making your Pinos ride just about 30 miles! The MX trail heading back is murder because of the sand and miday heat in the summer so watch out! Make sue you pack enough water. Alternate return route: return to Cuddy turnout via Singletrack which is parallell to hwy. Enjoy!

  22. #22
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by NappyT
    I will be going there this weekend for the first time. I am thinking about entering the race in Sept.

    How was the trail? Do you have any tips?

    Thanks
    Trail was in great condition. There were a few areas that are starting to get soft and sandy. The downhills are in really good shape.

    The only tip I have is to ride early or late....it is starting to get hot out there.

    mtnbikej

  23. #23
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by the pup
    I was just there yesterday. We rode up past the singletrack turn off for the 24hr course up to the Ernie Maxwell Tr into Humber Park. Hurkey Creek is really becoming popular, we saw lots of folk riding yesterday. Unfortunately the Deer Flies were hungry too.
    Yeah, we camped out there all weekend. Really did not see a whole lot of riders on saturday.....did 2 laps.

    Sunday seemed to be more popular with the riders. Took the singlespeed out with my wife about 9:30/10:00. Saw a few riders at the end of the first singletrack climb, but that was it.

    mtnbikej

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    25
    last weekend: laguna/crystal cove

    this weekend: SART

Similar Threads

  1. Any for riding in or around Sac downtown this weekend
    By 916dave in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 12:08 AM
  2. Anyone riding at Mt.Creek this weekend?
    By srlai001 in forum New Jersey
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 02:17 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 04:59 PM
  4. Riding in Vegas this weekend
    By miles in forum Nevada
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 03:53 PM
  5. Easter weekend riding or guiding?
    By julian in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 08:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •