mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Where are you riding today?

I'm riding Brown Mountain-El Prieto loop today. If I get there early enough, about 5:30pm, I may go up to the Ken Burton trail head and them back to the saddle and down over to El Prieto. If you are interested come on out.

giddy up!

Life in the OC!

Tuesdays typically consist of santiago truck trail/luge in the morning, with el moro after work..

Wish that el prieto was close enough for a post work jaunt....that thing is pretty dang fun!

Quote Originally Posted by mtbski
    I'm riding Brown Mountain-El Prieto loop today. If I get there early enough, about 5:30pm, I may go up to the Ken Burton trail head and them back to the saddle and down over to El Prieto. If you are interested come on out.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

I live in OC too!

Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    Tuesdays typically consist of santiago truck trail/luge in the morning, with el moro after work..

Wish that el prieto was close enough for a post work jaunt....that thing is pretty dang fun!
    ...I'm in just a freaking nut driving everywhere with the bike. I live in Costa Mesa!

I did did Aliso Woods last Tuesday, I often time ride stt/luge or whitting/stt/luge. Is stt still open? I heard there are closures due to extreme fire danger? I may ride OC trails next week.

giddy up!

Hmmm...

....I had heard that rumor as well, but I haven't seen any signs or anything..I rode harding/joplin/stt on saturday, luge yesterday and this morning with no problems...I would be super bummed to see a closed sign someday, that'd screw up my daily routine real quick!

Quote Originally Posted by mtbski
    ...I'm in just a freaking nut driving everywhere with the bike. I live in Costa Mesa!

I did did Aliso Woods last Tuesday, I often time ride stt/luge or whitting/stt/luge. Is stt still open? I heard there are closures due to extreme fire danger? I may ride OC trails next week.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Check this info out

Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    ....I had heard that rumor as well, but I haven't seen any signs or anything..I rode harding/joplin/stt on saturday, luge yesterday and this morning with no problems...I would be super bummed to see a closed sign someday, that'd screw up my daily routine real quick!
    Check these links for fire closure info.

http://ocfa.org/press/pr_fsopens2004.htm

Fire Closure Map