mtbr member
    Jan 2005

where to ride in la crescenta or pasadena

Does anyone know about cool dirt jump spots in la crescenta or pasadena if you do let me know because brentwood is to far away from my house.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hey Ed. I don't really know any DJ spots but if you are into shuttling Mt. Wilson I am down with that. It seems that if you are new around here you get ignored. I have posted a few times looking for people to ride with but no one has answered.

If you are interisted in shuttling let me know. you can reach me at ciaran @ blackrune.com

Glad to Be Alive
    might want to PM BamxBam.....he rides there a lot
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

aka Yertle D Turtle

Don't know if I can help but

I live in La Crescenta and I don't think there is any "official" dirt jump sites, there are a lot of places to ride though. The Verdugo's might hold some possibility for you. Either La Tuna or Beudry. I've seen areas that look like they could be fun for some jumping, The Arroyo Seco has El Prieto which is suppose to be a sweet singltrack. You can access this by taking Brown Mtn fire road, there is also Ken Burton, which is hairy to begin with, but after these rains- who knows? And of course there is the Red Box shuttle. And mile and miles of trails in Angeles Crest. Try to get ahold of a club like Over the Bars Mtn bike club, they may be able to give you some specific help with places to jump.
    donna

Quote Originally Posted by bighitEd
    Does anyone know about cool dirt jump spots in la crescenta or pasadena if you do let me know because brentwood is to far away from my house.
    Aoccdnirg to rcesaerh at Cmbarigde Uneirvtisy, it deson't mttaer waht oredr the lteters in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the fsirt and lsat ltteer be at the rhgit pclae.

KOKOPELLI RACING

join us!

i started a yahoo group awhile back - most of the rides we do are in the pasadena/jpl area. most of the time we do xc rides (fire road/singletrack). we're planning our first shuttle ride - red box-switzers down to jpl this monday (weather permitting).

feel free to join us - our group name is "singletrack" - http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/singletrack/

we mostly do rides at an easy pace - our longest ride was 16 miles, shortest about 6. a few of us race xc and downhill - we do it for fun - none of us really have time to train hard enough to do well.
    kokopelli racing

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    that sounds cool but first i have replace my rear shock because the one it came withis not to good so i will try and see if i can make it