mtbr member
    Jan 2003

... and if we just ... where to ride l.a. area ?

i'll be there this weekend and will pack the 5 point 5. where should i ride and how to get there ( detailed directions pls.) herd something about the san gaberial or something. advance trails good! Thanks Muchly, Rob poway

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Saturday ride

Quote Originally Posted by robopie
    i'll be there this weekend and will pack the 5 point 5. where should i ride and how to get there ( detailed directions pls.) herd something about the san gaberial or something. advance trails good! Thanks Muchly, Rob poway
    Lots of good riding locally. Check out this site for more info: http://singletrackmind.com

Some buds and I are still deciding on whether we're riding Mt. Wilson Trail/Rim Trail/Chantry or something else local or even SART this Saturday. Let me know if you're interested. Regardless of location, the ride will be 25-30 miles 90-100% singletrack-lots of climbing and descending.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Another source for trail info is socalmtb.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

LA trip - looking for ride Friday

Hello y'all!

I'll be in LA (Santa Ana) this week from NC and have Friday open for a ride. I have ridden Big Bear once before and would love to head up there again.

I would love any advice about this or other rides and/or company. Advanced/technical, its all good.

Also, I'll be looking for good bike shops that rent bikes.

Thanx!!
    Brian
    www.TucsonMTB.com Tucson Forum

www.sdmb.org Trail use advocacy club

www.tripsforkidsaz.org Tucson/Phx Chapter

SSped
    Jan 2004

Well we have rides

Heh B. Where are you heading down here. I would be up for showing you round the O.C.

SSped

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SSped
    Heh B. Where are you heading down here. I would be up for showing you round the O.C.

SSped
    That'd be great! I'll be available this Friday morning for the entire day. I'm staying on Macarther in Santa Ana.

I would need to rent a bike that morning. I'm bringing my peddles/shoes/helmet/c-back/etc.

I'll check this again on Wed night to see what time/trail and look for a bike shop rental.

bv

SSped
    Jan 2004

You will be right close here

You will be right close to here in the OC. I am free eigther saturday or sunday. You can email me @ dogmny@yahoo.com and I will get back with ya. If you can fit on a larger size frame I have a Sweet hard tail you can use. I am not sure of any shops who rent out bikes round here. (spot for anyone to chime in)

SSped

Samsonite Tester
    Head west or south ,strait to PCH . Then south a little way past Corona Del Mar. Maybe 30min by car or 2 buses.

You will see Rainbow Bicycles on the Right side before you get to Laguna Main beach. They rent sweet fullys and the local trails are insane. You can ride some major tech ,rock slick or other, steeps , drops , singletrack galore, fireroads , pavement , boardwalk, all from the shop.

On sat and sun you can link 3 parks with virtually no pavement. A high tech, high endurance , high beauty , epic. 35-50miles with 3-4000 ft climb.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Knievel
    Head west or south ,strait to PCH . Then south a little way past Corona Del Mar. Maybe 30min by car or 2 buses.

You will see Rainbow Bicycles on the Right side before you get to Laguna Main beach. They rent sweet fullys and the local trails are insane. You can ride some major tech ,rock slick or other, steeps , drops , singletrack galore, fireroads , pavement , boardwalk, all from the shop.

On sat and sun you can link 3 parks with virtually no pavement. A high tech, high endurance , high beauty , epic. 35-50miles with 3-4000 ft climb.
    EK,
    This might just be the ticket, thanx!! I was thinking Big Bear, but this is closer and I've been to Big Bear.

SSped,
    Its a great intro to the SoCal scene that you are open to loan me a bike and take me to the trails. Unfortunately I am only here through Friday; I fly back Sat morning. I greatly appreciate it, and will reach out next time around.

I'll check this again Thur night.
    Thanx all!
    bv

SSped
    Jan 2004

Way Cool

Have a good time and from what a little birdie told me is that they are shooting pictures of mintain bikers in elmoro on friday at 11am for an ad.

C ya
    SSped

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by SSped
    Have a good time and from what a little birdie told me is that they are shooting pictures of mintain bikers in elmoro on friday at 11am for an ad.

C ya
    SSped
    The photo shoot is in Crystal Cove from my knowledge. El Moro is the least favorite of mine. Since Laguna woods is closed weekdays that blows the 3 park ride. IMO goto Aliso /Woods Canyon first.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14