Just Ride!

Where to ride after it rains?

The beach.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    where do you live/ride?

the san juan trail handles rain really well, to a lesser extent the santiago truck trail and the luge in OC. you can ride sycamore canyon in riverside in the rain.

i usually just ride on the road for a few days and give the trails a rest.

Just Ride!
    No really, I should placed a different header. I really love to ride the beach after it rains. It makes the sand more compact and riding more pleasurable.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigtire
    The beach.

YUCK!

With all the bacteria and chemical pollution washed into the beach waters along our coast after a rain? No thanks! Perhaps you should step into your bathroom tonight, close the door, turn off the light and see if you glow in the dark?! I'd stay far away from the beach after a rain if I were you...at least in any of our big city beaches.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Just Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg
    YUCK!

With all the bacteria and chemical pollution washed into the beach waters along our coast after a rain? No thanks! Perhaps you should step into your bathroom tonight, close the door, turn off the light and see if you glow in the dark?! I'd stay far away from the beach after a rain if I were you...at least in any of our big city beaches.

As long as you follow that sign the LA County posted you should be fine.

official eMpTyBRain
    As long as you follow that sign the LA County posted you should be fine.
    LOL, you're prolly right but just look at that moist sand stuck to the tires??? It's moist with infected seawater. I just wouldn't go down there after a rain storm on a regular basis. I'd hate to hear that you grew a third arm out of your skull or that your feet rotted off or something like that...

Just Ride!
    LOL, you're prolly right but just look at that moist sand stuck to the tires??? It's moist with infected seawater. I just wouldn't go down there after a rain storm on a regular basis. I'd hate to hear that you grew a third arm out of your skull or that your feet rotted off or something like that...
    I've be through worse(Want bad try surfing Imperial beach) and besides after doing this since 2006 I don't have the mythical third arm/rotting feet. If you see me plodding along the beach or up the Santa Monica hills give me a holler and we can discuss this further.

official eMpTyBRain
    I've be through worse(Want bad try surfing Imperial beach) and besides after doing this since 2006 I don't have the mythical third arm/rotting feet. If you see me plodding along the beach or up the Santa Monica hills give me a holler and we can discuss this further.
    Do u ride the fat tires in the hills too or are they strictly for sand riding?

Just Ride!
    Do u ride the fat tires in the hills too or are they strictly for sand riding?
    Depends on how I feel but yes, the Pug goes up the hills but a little funny coming down.

Beer Please!
    those are some crazy fat tires.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    dang, i guess i should work on my monday morning reading comprehension... i saw a guy--aquaholic/steve--at noble this weekend rockin' a 3.10 on the front tire. now that's a fattie!