mtbr member
    May 2007

where to rent bikes in ventura county

Hey everyone,

I will be in Ventura the first week of July. Last year, at the suggestion of someone in this forum, I rented a bike from a place in downtown ventura. Forgot the name of the place, but a real nice women with decent bikes. I will be back this year, and am looking to rent a bike and ride some new places (lat year i rode gridley and pratt). Just though I'd ask again if anyone new of a good place to rent some quality bikes... and if you had any suggestions on some "can't-miss" places to ride, it would be much appreciated. This is a trip I look forward to every year.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I apologize, DaveMW posted a fantastic map of trail heads. Sorry I asked without looking. But if anyone has suggestions on where to get a rental, it would very appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    at simi Cycling Center in Simi Valley we have Specialized Epics and Pitches for rent with some epic trails at every corner of the valley and neighboring cities... give us a call
    Simi Cycling Center
    Simi's Premier Bicycle Shop, Since 1975
    Specialized, Giant and More...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    GMoney,

Just called and got someone named Bill. He said you don't rent bikes but you have demos... which he didn't seem to interested in giving out unless I was interested in purchasing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    call down this afternoon and talk to scott, tell him you got info from Greg.

I think bill was stressing the demo program as the bikes are intended for the "try before you buy" audience, but we rent 'em to anyone who won't throw 'em off a cliff. Additionally - we credit any rental/demo fees toward the purchase of a similar bike through our store...
    Simi Cycling Center

tdo
    mtbr member
    May 2008
    Newbury Park Bike Shop does rentals. I had a friend out from England a couple of weeks ago and he rented a real nice Giant Trance. I think it was around $60 for the day.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    thanks tdo

Gmoney, do you know what they will charge per day? I'm looking at two bikes for 3 days... and there won't be any throwing off of cliffs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    zepp - I'm one of the owners - when are you going to be in town... we'll work it out - and I'll even point you to some sweet trails in the area. I'll be in the shop all day Friday. I'll let scott know to hook you up...

we typically charge more for rentals as we do tuneups on every demo - but if 2 are going out for 3 days we'll work a deal... call Scott on Thurs or me on Friday.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Simi Cycling Center

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    hit san suci downtown for some good times and good atmosphere
    It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own.

- Cicero

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Take a look at this website for more trail info:
    http://www.venturacountytrails.org/T.../MapsHome.html

Los Robles Trail West is one of my favorites.
    Last edited by SnglTrckMnd; 06-12-2008 at 02:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    zepp - I was on the other line today when you called - but never got a follow up call. give me a call when you get a chance and we'll talk about the rentals...

Thanks,
    G
    Simi Cycling Center

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Gmoney,

when will you be in next?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    hey zepp, I'm Scott one of the other guys at Simi Cycling Center, if Greg isn't around just ask for me and we'll get those bikes set up for ya. I'm usually there mondays, and wed-sat. Greg gave me a heads up and let me know that you were interested in renting some bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    scott will be in after 1pm west coast time...I'll be in around 3:30-4pm pacific... last I heard you were calling from colorado...
    Simi Cycling Center

Wooo YEAAAH!
    Oct 2006
    Avery's Open Air Bicycles‎ near downtown Ventura will let you demo Specialized bikes. They have Stumpjumpers, Epics, Enduros, and Safires.

Very friendly staff.

If you pick up on a Friday afternoon/evening you can keep the bike till Monday for $50.00 because they are closed on Sunday. But other than that, it is $50/day

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Gmoney, I'm out of the country on busines, i sent you a PM