just rub some dirt on it
    Nov 2005

When it rains it pours

Freaking 4 flats on my last two "quick rides". I am done with the goats heads...or little satan's..or satan's helpers...or death stars..or what ever you want to call those thorns....they suck balls. Fixing flats when it's 95 degrees and dusty is the worst. I can't
    remember the last time I even got a flat and then both my last rides...anywho just a rant.
    p.s. don't tell me about tubeless it will happen eventually.

Just another Homer
    one word "Stans".
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

stay thirsty, my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SKULLY
    Go tubeless
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

Warrior's Society
    Flats come in 3's.....so looks like your good to go for a while.

mtnbikej

sushi lover
    May 2006
    specialized roll-x armadillos... the anti-goathead

Amphibious Technologies
    Freaking 4 flats on my last two "quick rides". I am done with the goats heads...or little satan's..or satan's helpers...or death stars..or what ever you want to call those thorns....they suck balls. Fixing flats when it's 95 degrees and dusty is the worst. I can't
    remember the last time I even got a flat and then both my last rides...anywho just a rant.

Yup, tubless with Stan's. I got several goat heads stuck on my tires at one time, pulled them out, heard a hiss, spun the tire, sealed...continued my ride.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

right behind ya
    yep, crazy this year. 3 flats over last 5 rides for me. Only super slow leaks for me that I noticed next day in gargage. Much easier replacing tube in air-conditioned house

btw - as an aside a few years back i was riding with 2 others and hit a trail section that gave us 4 flats between the 6 wheels (2,1,1)- that sucked @$$ with only three spare tubes- can you say leaves
    Last edited by Down boy down; 07-05-2006 at 10:04 AM.
    hard line, hard line, hard line after hard line

Death By Snoo Snoo

I feel your pain...

i had 6 flats this past sunday at Big Bear, 4 front and 2 in the back. My rear was stans and there was a tear that was too large for it too seal properly so i had to tube it. Front just kept flatting, possibly a thorn i didn't see inside the casing...just wasn't my day i guess.

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by LBmtb
    Go tubeless

Tubeless is worthless without:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak
    one word "Stans".

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyspank
    i had 6 flats this past sunday at Big Bear, 4 front and 2 in the back. My rear was stans and there was a tear that was too large for it too seal properly so i had to tube it. Front just kept flatting, possibly a thorn i didn't see inside the casing...just wasn't my day i guess.

got to bring the superglue....let the air go out ....superglue the sidewall together ....re-inflate w/ a co2 can
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Death By Snoo Snoo
    does that really work? I ll be back in BB this weekend but i am ditching the tires and putting on DH cased nevegals with stans... hopefully that will be good enough. I think more than anything cleaning up my line might help with the flats.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    got to bring the superglue....let the air go out ....superglue the sidewall together ....re-inflate w/ a co2 can