mtbr member

... and if we just ... whats the name of this trail ?

I went to the mt willson toll road (fireroad) last week and when I passed the henninger flat about a mile there is a small junction I think its a single track but no sign has any one ridden this trail before?

also take a look this video they stared at the top of the mt willson but where the trail begins? It’s not the one I road

http://www.vimeo.com/2969181

mtbr member
    nobody knows ..................

Stray Bullet
    Video looks like Winter Creek.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Idlehour Trail

That's the south end of Idlehour Trail, which connects with the Mt. Lowe Road at the saddle by Inspiration Point (top of Middle Merrill). It's within the fire closure area, and closed to public entry. It's not popular with bikers because it's V-shaped, with the bottom of the route in the middle and an unavoidable climb out in both directions. It used to be awfully brushy on the northern half, but with the brush gone it may just turn into an unending series of small debris flow deposits and too loose to ride. This is one of the trails (like Shortcut Canyon and Condor Peak) that I'm going to hike before I ride after they re-open, because I don't want to wear down my cleats with 4 miles of hike-a-bike. Also, my bike resents being pushed around that much.

mtbr member
    Great ! THANKS !

Glad to Be Alive
    personally it sucked to ride....too smooth for my taste
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    personally it sucked to ride....too smooth for my taste
    " too smooth"

"because I don't want to wear down my cleats with 4 miles of hike-a-bike. Also, my bike resents being pushed around that much." WTF