Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009

... and if we just ... We're crazy in Hurkey 02-05-2010

A couple of weeks ago I received a PM from Bajamtnbkr and he asked me to take him to a trail he had never been to because he has the day off. I was very happy to oblige. Originally, we wanted to ride Thomas Mountain, but with the recent snow, we figured we would skip that and go to Hurkey to do the lower trails.

We were in for a little bit of a surprise as we battled cold weather(33 degrees when we started), snow and rain, making it a true adventure. We rode up until we couldn't anymore due to snow.

Well, i'll let the pictures tell the story. :cheers:

A small patch of snow as we started the climb.

The Man, The Legend, The Myth...

Traction is hard to find with these stuff on your tires.

More snow on the trails

Misty day at Johnson Meadow.

Alib & Bajamtnbkr HAB in the snow.

And more HAB on snake skin.

We had some drizzle around noon. Good thing everyone came prepared and brought rain gears.

Alib & Bajamtnbkr ripping through Exfoliator.

gotta go through the chunks before the Tunnel of Love trail.

Tunnel of love had a few fallen brushes and newly formed deep ruts. which made it quite interesting.

Overall it was an adventure for everyone. We finished the day with some killer burgers in Old Town Temecula

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    those are great pics. What day did you go on? It appears that snow tends to melt fast or these were taken before the recent storms.

Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009
    The pictures were taken today.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I have been to several 24HOA events in mid-September that were down in the 30's and even as low as 28 degrees. Snow on the ground in early February does not surprise me in the least. For some reason, that place can get reeeeeeeeeeeeally cold considering it's (H.C.CG) at only 4,400ft+/-.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    +1 on the cold temps.

All that was missing from the April 09 24 race was the snow. During the night phase it got down to 16 at the upper checkpoint (at least per the thermometer next to the frozen GU stand) when I came through at 1:30am+/-

Looks like good times, I dig the food pic!