[paste title here]

Weir Canyon Ride

Well I went for a ride today at Weir Canyon. This is a relatively easy trail and its only four miles. It more of a training ride than a technical ride. It's way lot easier than chutes or waterfall, the usual trails I do. Anyways, I had a great ride, wasnt very hard. After, we went up to the santiago area to do some jumping. We caught up with the people from the Memorial Ride and there was a lot of people. Anyways, we just did the jumps and had a lttle fun.

A little overcast in the morning

Well it was a pretty nice day to ride, not too hot and not too cold. Great times.... I'll probably be going out there next week also.
    Keep Pedaling

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looks like a nice easy trail for a beginner. Are there any technical or steep uphill/downhills? I'm looking for a place to bring my newbie friends so I don't scare them off. How do you get there?

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by duc135
    Looks like a nice easy trail for a beginner. Are there any technical or steep uphill/downhills? I'm looking for a place to bring my newbie friends so I don't scare them off. How do you get there?
    Its actually a fairly easy trail. Nothing challenging really. But there are a couple of spots where it gets steep going down and up. A couple of switchbacks here and there and thats mostly it. The trail is near Snatiago Oaks (opposite sides) so you can ride that afterwards if you want. I think that the two trails are connected somehow but Im not entirely sure. You can find the information Here. This site has some pretty good information on other trails around the area.
    Keep Pedaling

mtbr member
    do these trails connect to Irvine Regional Park? i have a friend that lives off of weir canyon off the 91 and we just ride from his house.

You Are What You Is

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by jr711
    do these trails connect to Irvine Regional Park? i have a friend that lives off of weir canyon off the 91 and we just ride from his house.
    Yes, these trails all hook up with Santiago Oaks and Irvine Park. It's really a pretty good network of trails. It can easily accomodate riders from beginner to advanced - XC to DH/FR. I live just off of Weir Canyon also. What's your friends name or handle?

mtbr member
    krzyray

rides a black iron horse sgs

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Can anyone give a detailed description of how to get to weir canyon from robbers peak? Thanks.

John Galt

Wier Canyon from Robber's

Quote Originally Posted by elifan
    Can anyone give a detailed description of how to get to weir canyon from robbers peak? Thanks.
    If you know how to get to Chutes and Waterfall, the basic answer is that you go right instead of left when you come down from Robber's. If coming from the actual peak, you're really taking a hard left. If you go down below Robber's and come back up, then you take a left at the "TRAIL" sign. The connecting trail is actually pretty fun - a few nice, rocky areas. You won't have any choices to make until you get join a dirt road next to some houses. You'll pass some metal barriers. If you go left, you'll go into the neighborhood where the 'normal' Wier Canyon rides start. You'll go right on the street, take a left near the dead-end and take a right to go uphill on the road until you hit the cul-de-sac and trailhead. The trail will eventually dump you back on the same dirt road.

If you go right instead of left when you first hit the dirt road, you'll see the Weir Canyon loop trail on your left just a little way down and again with metal pole barriers and can do the whole loop trail backward, eventually ending up at the trailhead/cul-de-sac. I've never done this trail in that direction, so I can't comment on which way is better.

Hope this helps...
    Cegrover

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I have a book that lays out a ride called the Iron Man. It is basically the Wier loop and Santiago/Irvine loop connected. I've done it a couple of times. Lots of uphill and fun down hill on chutes. Great Ride.