Thread: Weekly rides

mtbr member
    May 2004

Weekly rides

Hey, does anyone know of weekly ride groups here in SD? I know Bicycle Warehouse does some, and I was trying to find another that might mesh better with the schedule.
    I am very familiar with Rose canyon (5-15), as I live in PB. Location in SD is not really a factor, as I work in Vista, so anything between Oceanside, Escondido down to central SD would be cool.
    If there is interest, I wouldnt even mind starting one, although my knowledge of local trails is limited. you can PM me, but lets try to keep it in the forum as advertising!

mtbr member
    Gary Fox's site ought to get you started, and if you post looking for rides on SoCalMTB.com...you'll find more.

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

there's several groups

Quote Originally Posted by harryhood
    Hey, does anyone know of weekly ride groups here in SD? I know Bicycle Warehouse does some, and I was trying to find another that might mesh better with the schedule.
    I am very familiar with Rose canyon (5-15), as I live in PB. Location in SD is not really a factor, as I work in Vista, so anything between Oceanside, Escondido down to central SD would be cool.
    If there is interest, I wouldnt even mind starting one, although my knowledge of local trails is limited. you can PM me, but lets try to keep it in the forum as advertising!
    that I know of. Gary Fox's is fairly regular although I've never ridden with his crew. There are several splinter groups from his group as well. I used to always see his group riding when I was finishing up my ride though so they're pretty solid.

My buddies and I have a regular wednesday night ride at Penasquitos Canyon at 7:00. we start from the Carmel Valley side and do approx 19-ish miles in about 2:15 give or take. There's also usually something happening on the weekend. We have a yahoo group set up to get postings within the group since not everybody stares at MTBR all day at work. you can get to a link to our group at my web site at http://www.get.to/sandiegomtb all you need is a Yahoo account and you'll get all the posts about who's riding where.

YR

mtbr member
    May 2004

awesome

thanks for getting back.
    I will PM you as I get a chance to get out, maybe this coming week. I appreciate the info!
    Last edited by harryhood; 07-16-2004 at 05:09 PM.