mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Weekend Experience Noob's at SART

First off Altitude sucks!!! My Sons and I are in fairly good shape below 1000 feet but altitude it made this trip a little rough. We followed MTB Bills trip advise and so glad we did. First couple miles were awesome canopy riding with fast rollers just a sweet single track. Just do not venture even a foot off the trail cause its like quicksand! Oh yeah fall on the wrong side and your tumbling down the STEEP mountain side. Several large trees toppled over so you have to hike around them, not bad though. We crossed a fire road then into route 2E03 through the falls but we only went in a couple miles. Recent rains have really made the ride soft and trecherous. We were a bit nerved cause too often we were walking the bikes along side the mountain cause steep drops loose footing is hairy. Yeah they almost saw me slide almost over the edge. So we turned around. We definetly be back but not until next spring. We see why many of you rate it #1. Oh the Mill Creek Restaurant has Awesome grub and you need to eat there after your trip or anytime. Next ride experience BLT!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    If you are not used to the exposure SART can be a rude awakening.....I remember a few times getting that sick "o crap I'm gonna fall over" feeling on that trail.....glad you had fun.

If you ever get to ride stuff in the San Gabriels (like Chantry/Zion loop) its much, much worse........SART is actually really easy compared to that stuff......

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by osmarandsara
    If you are not used to the exposure SART can be a rude awakening.....I remember a few times getting that sick "o crap I'm gonna fall over" feeling on that trail.....glad you had fun.

If you ever get to ride stuff in the San Gabriels (like Chantry/Zion loop) its much, much worse........SART is actually really easy compared to that stuff......

Chantry and I, we don't have very good relationship, that's for sure. I'm always a little tense. Some day I get good flow and just be on top of the world, other time just couldn't get the flow going. Have never done SART, but it sounds like fun.