mtbr member

Warrior Society Race in Aliso Woods

Hey guys,

Anyone doing this race in November? What's it like? Is it difficult?

RL

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It is not a race. There are several games of skill/luck along the course. The course in Wood canyon is not that difficult. In fact it is considerably easier than the Holy Jim course they usually use. If you are in moderate sahep you should be able to complete the course in under 2 hours.

mtbr member
    I'm defintley doing it!! Ive never raced before and im dieing to try it...and its right by my house!

So what are the games like then?

If I can climb up Meadows and back down...then go climb up Mathis to top of world and back down to parking lot is 1:45minutes...think im good shape!!

heres a link to the event click here

Matt
    Intense Tracer

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sounds like you are stoked for it!

Past games have been darts, horseshoes, helmet toss through a ring, dice and card draw. They also have rubber toads around the course. These along with blood are bonus points.

You are in plenty good shape for the ride. It is not timed. They have a BBQ at the end. It is good time. I'll be there.

_
    Mar 2004
    Sounds like good times, I think I may partake. (I havent done Mathis in a while though, d'oh!)

mtbr member
    way too out of shape for that. might have to watch though..could be interesting. just a couple miles from my house anyway.
    AJ

Armor by Band-Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by imapodaddy
    Hey guys,

Anyone doing this race in November? What's it like? Is it difficult?

RL
    It's more of a fun event than anything so don't worry too much about how well you perform. Also, next month Share will be hosting a Poker Ride at Aliso if you want to warm up for the Warriors' event.

Lots of Socal photos here, including a ton from Aliso.

giddy up!
    It's definitely not a race.....in fact, it'll be as far from a race as possible. Sure, there will be a few people that try to do it as fast as possible, but it's intended to be a big ol fun ride!

If you're looking for more of a race atmosphere check out the vision quest www.warriorssociety.org I'd start your training early for that one...it's well worth it though!

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    It's definitely not a race.....in fact, it'll be as far from a race as possible. Sure, there will be a few people that try to do it as fast as possible, but it's intended to be a big ol fun ride!

If you're looking for more of a race atmosphere check out the vision quest www.warriorssociety.org I'd start your training early for that one...it's well worth it though!

B
    That vission quest race in the spring is freakin INTENSE!!! wOw....Ive done a few of those trails like gone up to the main divide and back down but up 3times in one day is crazee!!

If i were to do to I think I might just do the first part....after that i bet i would be done fore!!!

Anyone else doing it???
    Intense Tracer