mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Warning! Someone putting cinder blocks on trail (PQ canyon)

Hello All

I wanted to give you a heads up. Someone is putting cinder blocks, branches, rocks, and whatever he can get his hands on in the middle of a trail in PQ canyon

The trail is the narrow single track just west of the ranch house. The trail that winds through the trees near the river bed.

I think he has decided that this trail should not have bikes on it, so his solution is to put big blocks in the middle of the trail (some on blind corners)

I have removed things twice in the last 2 weeks.

Keep your eyes open

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqdad View Post
    Hello All

I think he has decided that this trail should not have bikes on it, so his solution is to put big blocks in the middle of the trail (some on blind corners)

Keep your eyes open
    could be a "she"...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to chuck any booby-traps deep into the bushes if I see them

official eMpTyBRain
    Sounds like the trail now has more stuff to huck.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

most memberable
    May 2011
    Leave it to Boss Hawg to find a silver lining in that dark cloud!

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by RTSO2112 View Post
    Leave it to Boss Hawg to find a silver lining in that dark cloud!
    In order to find balance in life, one must find a positive aspect in all scenarios.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqdad View Post
    Hello All

I wanted to give you a heads up. Someone is putting cinder blocks, branches, rocks, and whatever he can get his hands on in the middle of a trail in PQ canyon

The trail is the narrow single track just west of the ranch house. The trail that winds through the trees near the river bed.

I have removed things twice in the last 2 weeks.

Keep your eyes open

You should take pictures of this and give them to Ranger Gina Washington located at the ranger station at the horse stables across Blk Mt Rd. If someone is doing this and another person gets hurt they could be liable
    San Diego needs singletrack

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    quite a few little connections between the single track and the main fire road on the north side have branches laid in them. maybe the maintenance guy who has been brushing out the canyon floor is doing it. Lots of brush clearing has been happening in the last few months

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    I know the exact trail you are talking about. Beware that while that trail exists, it is not part of the official trails system. It is likely the obstacles were put there to deter users but an individual other than the rangers.

I do find it amusing that a user sets traps for another on a trail they feel a bike should not be on. All that is done at the same time THEY are on the same trail THEY should not be on. "Yeah, but I was breaking the law to help stop the incursions".

While there are lots of social trails, the only recognized trails are below.

Official Trail Map

All others fall under the realm.
    Last edited by bankerboy; 1 Day Ago at 08:09 AM.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy View Post
    I know the exact trail you are talking about. Beware that while that trail exists, it is not part of the official trails system. It is likely the obstacles were put there to deter users but an individual other than the rangers.

I do find it amusing that a user sets traps for another on a trail they feel a bike should not be on. All that is done at the same time THEY are on the same trail THEY should not be on. "Yeah, but I was breaking the law to help stop the incursions".

While there are lots of social trails, the only recognized trails are below.

Official Trail Map

All others fall under the realm.
    The map doesn't look so bad, but one should note that most of the "trails" shown there as accessible to bikes are dirt roads wide enough for two trucks to pass each other.

Just like the "trails" in Mission Trails.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

most memberable
    May 2011
    Actually, that map is outdated...as there is a t least one official trail (on the south side) that is not on it....guess which one? First correct answer gets a continuum transfunctioner.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    Camino Del Sur trail.

Didn't check the publish date of the map, just Googled it. Sorry.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

most memberable
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy View Post
    Camino Del Sur trail.

Didn't check the publish date of the map, just Googled it. Sorry.
    I've only biked it once and hiked it once.

The trickiest part of that trail is the brick part....if it wasn't "sandy" on top (bc it can't be my mad skilzzz or lack thereof), I would have cleaned the whole trail on the way up!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    yeah, I wouldn't talk to the rangers about it, but if you see an obstruction in the trail meant to surprise someone and make them crash just remove it and throw the pieces into all of the poison oak on the side of the trail...