mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Wanted: Fork mounted weedeater

I also thought of calling this thread " Missing since early Febuary: Singletrack" I started mountain biking last summer and recently have been doing all my riding in Chino Hills State Park because it's close to home and a great place to ride. I decided to ride the East fence line trail on Sunday for the 1st time, and it turned into more of a hike. The greenery was over my head in spots and if it wasn't catching my handlebars and pedals, my tires were slipping on it. Keeping my momentum uphill proved impossible. Don't get me wrong, the hills are beautiful and I enjoyed the ride. I was just wondering if this was a yearly challenge and how soon can I expect to go back to riding trails instead of feeling like I'm blazing them?

Geritol Power
    Yup, I was riding some fence line yesterday that was so thick I really needed a hedge trimmer on each side of my bike.

I crashed a couple times because I couldn't see the ruts on, and just off the invisible single track. Kinda spooky falling into the brush without knowing what's really under there. Got a new scratch on my forks from a hidden boulder.

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    It is going to be a tough year for brush and weeds. I could not believe how much Golden Eagle trail had grown over since last fall and it is not even close to being done growing.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzitall
    Yup, I was riding some fence line yesterday that was so thick I really needed a hedge trimmer on each side of my bike.

I crashed a couple times because I couldn't see the ruts on, and just off the invisible single track. Kinda spooky falling into the brush without knowing what's really under there. Got a new scratch on my forks from a hidden boulder.
    Maybe next time you crash you'll find a leprechaun's pot of gold...or a red ant nest. I hit a hole I didn't see and my bike stopped suddenly, pitching me over the handlebars into a bed of nice soft thistle. Better than a pile of rocks anyday. I may try Scully Ridge next weekend if I have the time. The map says it's a fire road so the growth shouldn't be as bad.