mtbr member
    May 2006

want to build a new trail on the westside need to know rules and where can i do it

i have been riding at the whoops lately but now it is geting closed down and it is very hot there so i need a new place to ride. i would like to build a new trial like the whoops but i dont know where. i know how to do build trails but i dont know the rules for building on public land also i need to know where i could do this

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadkid91
    i have been riding at the whoops lately but now it is geting closed down and it is very hot there so i need a new place to ride. i would like to build a new trial like the whoops but i dont know where. i know how to do build trails but i dont know the rules for building on public land also i need to know where i could do this
    Building trails without permission on public land will only cause problems. IT only makes up look worse than we already do.

IF you must build, start with the land owner and go from their.

mtnbikej

Samsonite Tester
    Public lands have Land Managers . You need to find out who manages the public land you wish to build on .

There are major hurdles to cross though , enviromental impact surveys/assesment , viability/need , sustainabillity ect .

Good luck , all trails need more airtime .
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

mtbr member
    May 2006
    how do i find the land manager

mtbr member
    May 2006
    also does any one no of more trials like the whoops

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadkid91
    Where did you see that the whoops are being torn down?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Is sheep hills still around? Its a BMX dirt jumpers paradise, or atleast it was years ago.

I used to build on any open dirt lot, however, there is now a giant cingular building on top of it, haha

What is the whoops? does anyone have any pictures?
    Is it a rhythm section? or literally whoops that you musdt take one at a time, or?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    or there was another track next to a riverbed in seal beach area. We used to call is Slater because it was near that main street. It was behind a housing track and it had ALOT of open land
    this was about 10 years ago, there may be houses there now? (crap im getting old)