Rides a sledgehammer

VQ/Counting Coup stories

My story-I made the first cutoff at the bottom of the motorway (barely), but by the time I made it to the top of Maple Springs at 1230 I was told I was the very last rider up there and too late to continue, so I had a long easy coast back down to silverado. I thought I would have more time, but those last 4 miles or so to the peak would have been pretty painful. Had a great time, but next year I'll train more and take the early start option! Thanks to the Warriors Society for the opportunity and great support on the trail.
    Last edited by mytrustysteed; 03-07-2005 at 11:00 AM.

cask conditioned
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

where are we eating?

AKA Greengiant
    Quote Originally Posted by mytrustysteed
    My story-I made the first cutoff at the bottom of the motorway (barely), but by the time I made it to the top of Maple Springs at 1230 I was told I was the very last rider up there and too late to continue, so I had a long easy coast back down to silverado. I thought I would have more time, but those last 4 miles or so to the peak would have been pretty painful. Had a great time, but next year I'll train more and take the early start option! Thanks to the Warriors Society for the opportunity and great support on the trail.

I didn't know there was a cutoff at the top of Maple Springs! I missed the cutoff at the bottom of Motorway by 10 minutes---I would've been pretty bummed to climb all the way up Maple and not been allowed to continue. Tough conditions this year!

Rides a sledgehammer
    Quote Originally Posted by berg
    I didn't know there was a cutoff at the top of Maple Springs! I missed the cutoff at the bottom of Motorway by 10 minutes---I would've been pretty bummed to climb all the way up Maple and not been allowed to continue. Tough conditions this year!
    I think it was due to the conditions not only on the first climb out of Blackstar, but the weather conditions at the peak as well. I was disapointed that I didn't make it all the way, but I know I tried hard and have something to work towards next year. I think the warriors society did the right thing, this must have been a very difficult day for them.