Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Reputation: pachaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    760

    VQ/CC 2011 Who's in?

    I did the CC the last two years so VQ 2011 here I come! This is going to HURT
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    253
    VQ on the Single Speed

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59
    this will be my first vq

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    210
    I am with you pachaven, this will be my first VQ also.

    Did my first CC last year and committed to doing the VQ as soon as I crossed the line (it must have been the delirium).

    singlespeedrider, you have my utmost respect. I mean everyone who finishes does, but doing it on an SS is a special kind of sadism.

    Kirk

  5. #5
    Singlespeed Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,116
    First time VQ and first time endurance "race". I will be on my Singlespeed as well. I almost didn't make the registration cut off.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    350
    rigid singlespeed for my first VQ.

    I figure i might as well make it harder than normal

  7. #7
    Singlespeed Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,116
    Lot's of 1st timers on SS! That is awesome! when are you guys (SS'ers) planning on starting your training and where?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6
    what is VQ? and where is it?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    VQ-- Vision Quest
    http://warriorssociety.org/events/vi...eral_info.html

    CC-- Counting Coup
    http://warriorssociety.org/events/co...eral_info.html

    Both sold out in less than 15 minutes.


    I'm in for CC

  10. #10
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,827
    Quote Originally Posted by DM67
    VQ-- Vision Quest
    http://warriorssociety.org/events/vi...eral_info.html

    CC-- Counting Coup
    http://warriorssociety.org/events/co...eral_info.html

    Both sold out in less than 15 minutes.


    I'm in for CC

    Both sold out in less than 9 minutes.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

  11. #11
    jerks for yer mug
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    27
    Both sold out in more than 7 minutes
    it is liquid

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    253
    I live in the area of the race so I will be riding portions of the course on a regular basis. I do not look at it as training just going out on longer rides.

  13. #13
    MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Reputation: pachaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    760
    I'm going to start to increase my miles. My normal loop in Aliso Wood is 10 to 15 miles. I will start to ride parts of the course and hopefully come January my average mileage will be 40 per ride. This should set me up for the 56 miles by April
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

  14. #14
    Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Reputation: Phishin Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    525
    I am in for VQ #4. If this is your first it becomes addictive.

    If you are local ride Black Star - Motorway as much as you can. Once you do this 4 times or so start adding Maple Springs to 4 corners with it.

    Also, as much as it sucks throw in one West Horsethief loop with your training. A good loop with fun is up San Juan, down Trabuco up Horsethief and back down San Juan. I only do it once but you need to know how long it will take you to HAB up WHT.

    Have fun training.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

  15. #15
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishin Paul
    I am in for VQ #4. If this is your first it becomes addictive.

    If you are local ride Black Star - Motorway as much as you can. Once you do this 4 times or so start adding Maple Springs to 4 corners with it.

    Also, as much as it sucks throw in one West Horsethief loop with your training. A good loop with fun is up San Juan, down Trabuco up Horsethief and back down San Juan. I only do it once but you need to know how long it will take you to HAB up WHT.

    Have fun training.


    For most people it is 45 mins. - 60 mins.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

  16. #16
    Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Reputation: Phishin Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    For most people it is 45 mins. - 60 mins.
    I guess I meant, you need to know how long it will take you to break down I would say that the hike is always when I experience the Vision.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

  17. #17
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishin Paul
    I guess I meant, you need to know how long it will take you to break down I would say that the hike is always when I experience the Vision.


    This is where most people do.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

  18. #18
    pewpewpew Moderator
    Reputation: Impy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,102
    I'm in for CC. Tried vq once and didn't make cutoffs, did it a second time and made it and that was enough for me. Doing CC for fun this year
    Love, Impy

  19. #19
    pewpewpew Moderator
    Reputation: Impy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,102
    Hey guys
    There is a waiting list, and as people drop out as the time gets closer they usually can fit in most people. The VQ list is quite short, and the CC list is not that long either. So not too late if you are willing to be patient.

    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...ting-list.html
    Love, Impy

  20. #20
    Singlespeed Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    Hey guys
    There is a waiting list, and as people drop out as the time gets closer they usually can fit in most people. The VQ list is quite short, and the CC list is not that long either. So not too late if you are willing to be patient.

    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...ting-list.html
    2 of my friends are number 7 & 8 on that list. I wish them luck!!

  21. #21
    Singlespeed Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,116
    Here is my training ride...just next door from where i live.

    I've only done Blackstar motorway x2 once and i wonder which one is much more difficult judging by the pics.
    http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=392



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •