mtbr member
    Jun 2004

visitor from the East

I will be in San Diego for a conference next week and was hoping to rent a bike and ride some singletrack. Some on-line research makes the Mission Trail system look inviting. Where can I rent a nice FS bike and get a good map of the trails. I am a sport level rider, not much of a hucker and am staying at the Mission Hilton. ty

used to be uno-speedo....
    Only place I know of where you can rent a bike is Alans in Oceanside. Not sure if they are FS though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    May be short notice for rentals at some places, or maybe not. Bike Tours in San Diego rents full suspension bikes, and hardtails.

You can "demo" bikes from Beyond Bikes as well. Unfortunately, none of the above are really close to Mission Valley. Beyond is probably the closest, as it's up the 15 in Penasquitos. I haven't rented one there, but I think they want you to be interested in trying a bike to buy a frame, etc.

mechmann_mtb
    as long as you don't mind paying a bit extra for the "rental" i would go to Beyond Bikes and "demo" one of their bikes. you can ride an Ells or several other boutique brand bikes.