mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Visiting Newport Beach. Need to rent a bike.

Hello SoCal MTB riders. I am looking for some info about trails and bike rentals in the Newport Beach area. I am visiting my sister and I will be in California April 6th through April 13th. I am from Marquette, MI and am looking forward to some sunshine, singletrack and surfing. You can only do so many spin classes in the winter before goin nuts. My wife and I are XC/All Mountain riders. We aren't bringing our bikes and need to rent one or two. My sister & brother in law have hardtails but they will most likely be showing us the trails. He mentioned taking us to El Morro Canyon? Can anyone tell me where I can rent a bike and what type of bikes I can rent? Also what other trails can you recommend? I can't wait to get thre.

mtbr member
    talk to tani or mondo over at www.thepathbikeshop.com and they should have sometime in their rental fleet that will fit you and your riding style.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Thanks

Thanks. I'll get in touch with them. I appreciate it.

mtbr member
    A second, closer option would be Laguna Cyclery in Laguna Beach. They're a couple miles south of El Moro. Off PCH on Thalia Street.

C

Over the Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by CalEpic
    A second, closer option would be Laguna Cyclery in Laguna Beach. They're a couple miles south of El Moro. Off PCH on Thalia Street.

C
    I am with Craig, I was in Laguna Cyclery yesterday and they got some nice bikes to rent including some Turners.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The Path will hook you up- they took absolutely fantastic care of me when I was out in Dec. (from PA) and will deal with those guys every time Im out there from now on!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Also RBC in Laguna Beach http://www.teamrain.com/

I rented some bikes for my neices a year or so back. Close to El Moro

mtbr member
    The Path Bike Shop.
    Not only do they have what you need, they are happy to see you and are willing to do what it takes to be sure you have a good ride. Everyone of them ride bikes and have passion for biking. They are the shop you wish you had in your area.
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

mtbr member
    Another vote her for The Path. These guys run a great shop and absolutely love what they do.