mtbr member
    Sep 2009

visiting LA worth to rent trail bike?

Will be visiting for a wedding, none of them ride, staying in LA(rodondo beach), will have access to rental car. worth taking some time to get away and go play bikes for a day? looking at topanga creek for a rental. or should I just get my riding fix before I go? only out for 4 days would possibly have sat freeish before leaving sun.

thanks!

Sergeant Spandex
    The trails in SoCal are great so if you can find a decent rental bike I would definitely give it a punt. From Redondo the closest trails would be Pacific Palisades or the Santa Monica Mountains, me thinks but I live in another area so i could be mistaken.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Rent a bike from Topanga Creek Bicycles and go on their Saturday shop ride. You get free banana bread and coffee afterwards, and the shop is awesome. Tons of great trails, although you should be prepared to climb

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Another vote for Topanga Creek Bicycles. Fantastic shop with great rentals available, and the shop ride on Saturday mornings is super fun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    You need to be ready to climb on most trails in the area. Sullivan Canyon is very scenic without any real brutal climbs (except the very end). I'm fond of Trailer Canyon and Trippet Ranch. They are fire roads with serious climbs, but great fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    What do you consider worthwhile trails? If you're in Redondo, there is Del Cerro, which is much closer. However, I'm not familiar with any South Bay shops to rent a bike at.