mtbr member
    Apr 2012

visiting for business looking for a place to ride

I will be near the Anaheim convention center for business next month. My co-worker and I are hoping to squeeze in an afternoon ride. Is there anywhere good close to the convention center?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    How much time do you have? Quite a few places in OC. Try Chino Hills/Carbon Canyon which will be a few miles north of you and Whiting Ranch is a little further South.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    It looks like we will only be able to get one, maybe two rides in before we head back to Phoenix

I eat cats
    If you are in Anaheim and need to "squeeze" a ride in I'd hit up Santiago Oaks.. I'm on ny phone and don't have time to give more details but others can chime in or do a search in this forum for that place. 15 mins up the road and lots of fun stuff.

XC Hack
    Dec 2011
    Santiago Oaks! 20 minutes straight down Katella Ave from Anaheim CC/D-Land (name becomes Santiago). Left at Windes Drive (traffic signal in East Orange/Orange Park Acres area). $3-4 or 5 to park--I have an annual pass so I forgot the actual $. Great vert and technical STs in there. You can also enter it thru Irvine Regional Park at the top of Jamboree (about a mile further east on Katella/Santiago--also $4 or 5 parking). Some guys park in the neighborhoods southwest of IRP and ride in.

I eat cats
    Here is a link to a thread with a good map and some details.. I also included the OC Parks link for more info and a basic map. It's close to civilization but when you are on the trails you will be stoked, especially since it is so quick for you guys to jet up there from Anaheim. A few ways to ride into the park but for ease of directions I would just go the route fongster gave which is the one off of Katella/Santiago Cyn directly up in Orange Park Acres). Easy to navigate and there are always other riders around to ask if you are unsure.

Santiago Oaks?

Orange County, California - Santiago Oaks Regional Park

Dirt Bike Craig
    Good info! Thanks!
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc