a.k.a. MTBMaven

Verizon Reception on SJT

Lame question I know, but I'm interesting people's experience with Verizon cell reception on the SJT. A friend of mine like to ride the SJT with me as a shuttle only, he rides 40+ pound Iron Horse tank downhill only. I want to ride from the bottom and meet him at Blue Jay Campground and ride back down with him. I figure if I call him somewhere along the trail, say Lunch Rock, I can gauge when he should meet me at Blue Jay. See I have never ridden all the way to Blue Jay and have no idea how long it will take to get there.

In general how long down it take to ride all the way to Blue Jay taking the new SJT the entire way as opposed to the Old SJT? How long would you think for a slow climber?
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

Its only 1" on the map!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    Lame question I know, but I'm interesting people's experience with Verizon cell reception on the SJT. A friend of mine like to ride the SJT with me as a shuttle only, he rides 40+ pound Iron Horse tank downhill only. I want to ride from the bottom and meet him at Blue Jay Campground and ride back down with him. I figure if I call him somewhere along the trail, say Lunch Rock, I can gauge when he should meet me at Blue Jay. See I have never ridden all the way to Blue Jay and have no idea how long it will take to get there.

In general how long down it take to ride all the way to Blue Jay taking the new SJT the entire way as opposed to the Old SJT? How long would you think for a slow climber?
    I would say Lunch Rock to Blue Jay along the new SJT is about an hour. If the guy is going to shuttle he can deal with a little bit of the waiting game while you rightfully pay the gravity gods.

high plains drifter

I'd say fair to good

Here is Paul J closing a 5 million dollar deal on his verizon cell phone
    Attached Images Attached Images