Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Verdugo trails?

734 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  411898 
#1 ·
Anyone know which trails are open and closed to bikes? I know about the Vital Link trail being closed (shame) and I have been Up (not my greatest idea on a single speed) and down La Tuna and the fire road that's farther up La Tuna Canyon road that goes up to the top of the motorway as well, but when I look down on the burbank side of the mountain it looks like there are a ton of trails. Thoughts?

#2 ·
When you get to the top of La Tuna (Hostetter) and look down at the junction over Burbank, you'll see a trail to your right that mostly scales that ridge on down. That's Wildwood Canyon Trail and it is closed to bikes.

There are some unoffical short trail sections to ride that parallel the Motoway to the West. You have to keep an eye open for where they branch off the fireroad.

Then further down the Motorway to the West, you will fiind the trailhead to La Tuna ST which has some pretty technical stuff on it. You'll see a lounge chair on your right at a tight turn to the left. That's the trailhead. That ST will dump you out on La Tuna Cyn Rd.

If you want speed, you can climb Hostetter and turn left at the junction. Take the Motorway along the crest of the range and drop down Beaudry North or Beaudry South. That'll drop you out at Oakmont Conutry Club in the North Glendale area.

Lately, I've been climbing Stough Cyn in Burbank with "crewjones". We climb it to the lookout area at the highest point of the Motorway, just East of the Hostetter/Verdugo Motorway junction. A great workout!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.