Neg reppers r my biatches

Ventura County test ride?

In light of having virtually no or almost no chance for us to ride many of the new bikes prior to buying them (especially the ones that have no local dealers), it would be cool if there was a "network" such that somebody in the network would probably have that bike so the future buyer could have a real test ride. For example, I am thinking about buying a singlespeed but have never ridden one and would love to test ride one first....conversely, I have bikes that if somebody were interested, they could try as well prior to buying.

This might also be useful for people to try out certain forks etc. that somebody has already on their bike....I know for me, this could be helpful, especially for bigger ticket items.

Anybody on the singlespeed?
    Last edited by FoShizzle; 02-19-2005 at 12:25 PM.

Over the Hill
    I agree...and I am always exploring new trails and not against driving to get there.

I live in South Orange County and own a 2003 Medium 5-Spot with Maverick DUC Fork and a 18 inch Kona Unit single speed (32 x20) with a Fox Vanilla Fork.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    snippage.....
    Anybody on the singlespeed?
    That would be me, here in Vta. Built my first while at school in Chico in '97 Based on an SE OMF. OMG was that heavy, bombproof though. Current is a KHS steel frame ("Steel is Real") ProStop2 x Hope mech, Z1CR, Turbine LP, yada, yada, yada......
    Current gearing is 35x16 w/ a 'greasy granny' of 22

SS condition takes more time than I can commit to, so I cheat when need be.

Quote Originally Posted by dstepper
    I agree...and I am always exploring new trails and not against driving to get there.

I live in South Orange County and own a 2003 Medium 5-Spot with Maverick DUC Fork and a 18 inch Kona Unit single speed (32 x20) with a Fox Vanilla Fork.

sweet...I am eyeing the Unit actually.....depends on my bonus that is supposed to come soon, and hopefully after paying for the other stuff the bonus always goes towards I will have some left

for what it is worth, i have a ventana and a rocky mountain in the event anybody is considering either bike and doesn't have acces to a test ride....or if you are looking at new brakes/forks that may be on them...

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    sweet...I am eyeing the Unit actually.....depends on my bonus that is supposed to come soon, and hopefully after paying for the other stuff the bonus always goes towards I will have some left

for what it is worth, i have a ventana and a rocky mountain in the event anybody is considering either bike and doesn't have acces to a test ride....or if you are looking at new brakes/forks that may be on them...

cheers
    i see you're a magura fan? saw some magura's on ebay for cheap...kinda wanna stay away from the julies but the louise's look g00t but the martas are krazed pricey. how is the lever/master cylinder build quality? i'm lookkng to put them on my wife's azonic 4". she's got small hands but they reach avid single digits okay--she's got a bad habit of squeezing down the lever with all four fingers.....gotta teach her proper!
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

Quote Originally Posted by misctwo
    i see you're a magura fan? saw some magura's on ebay for cheap...kinda wanna stay away from the julies but the louise's look g00t but the martas are krazed pricey. how is the lever/master cylinder build quality? i'm lookkng to put them on my wife's azonic 4". she's got small hands but they reach avid single digits okay--she's got a bad habit of squeezing down the lever with all four fingers.....gotta teach her proper!
    I love the Maguras on both of my bikes. I agree that the Marta SLs are very expensive...however, I paid $395 for the set, no sales tax, and shipping included so that is a pretty good deal. I only paid $238 for the Magura Louise FR (210mm front/190mm rear) brand new which is a killer price. I have had Hayes brakes, as well as XTR calipers (XT hydro levers) and really love everything about the Maguras.

Cheers