mtbr member

Vail Lake 24hr Course

Well I Rode The Vail Lake 24hr Course Yesterday. It Was Awesome! The Trails Were Fast And Fun. The Course Is Quite Diferent From Last Year's Course. The Initial Climb Is Still The Same. But It Is Hard Packed And Surrounded By Wild Flowers. The Ridgeline Decents Were Awesome. Like Being On A Roller Coaster! The Crews Have Been Out On The Course For About A Month Now And It Really Shows. Ive Raced Several Socal Courses This Year And This Course's Damage Has Been Fixed The Best. The Racetrack Section Of The Course Was A Blast. Hope To See You All Out There! I Attached Some Pics. Hope They Come Through.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Saturday pre-ride

I'll be there this Saturday to pre-ride. Thanks for the report and pics. Those sections of the course look like awesome fun!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Please excuse my ignorance but where is this trail?

mtbr member

East of...

Temecula. I think that most or all is private. The trails are at Vail Lake, a private resort. The 16 & 17 of April is one of the only weekends to ride the area. The climbs are brutally steep fireroads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog
    Please excuse my ignorance but where is this trail?

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

not sure what parts are private

Quote Originally Posted by noslogan
    Temecula. I think that most or all is private. The trails are at Vail Lake, a private resort. The 16 & 17 of April is one of the only weekends to ride the area. The climbs are brutally steep fireroads.
    The start at least as far as the actual race course goes is on private land (Vail Lake Resort) but I'm not sure about the majority of the rest of the trail(s). last year on our pre-ride we ran into those motorcyclists so there's access from somewhere besides the resort.

One of the Granny Gear newsletters said something about Vail Lake allowing trail access throughout the year as long as you pay a day use parking fee or something.

YR

mtbr member

Vail Lake MTB Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti_Rider
    The start at least as far as the actual race course goes is on private land (Vail Lake Resort) but I'm not sure about the majority of the rest of the trail(s). last year on our pre-ride we ran into those motorcyclists so there's access from somewhere besides the resort.

One of the Granny Gear newsletters said something about Vail Lake allowing trail access throughout the year as long as you pay a day use parking fee or something.

YR
    If you can believe this:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...17800#poststop

It sounds like Vail Lake will become more of a MTB park, open all year for riding with marked XC courses, "northshore" stuff and downhill. We'll see...

mtbr member

Vail Lake Open Year Round

We Are Inthe Process Of Building And Marking The Trail System Out At Vail Lake. Right Now We Have Over 30 Miles Of Trails Measured. We Will Be Making A Bmx Course, Freeride Stunt Area, And Downhill Area. The Resort Has Over 10,000 Acres Of Useable Area. Right Now You Can Go Out And Pay A Parking Pass Fee And Ride All Day. The Latest Trail Maintenance Has Been On The Granny Gear 24hr Course. The Course Is Fast And Fun. Weve Taken Out Dragons Back And The Tunnel Of Love. The Sections Were To Hammered By The Weather. But We Added Some Really Fun Ridgeline And Singletrack. The Above Pictures Are Of Some New Singletrack Fun And The Last Picture Is Of The Top Part Of The Initial Fireroad Climb. See You Out At Vail!