The name's Norm...

Turnbull Cyn....Done it lately?

How are the conditions? It's been too long since I've been there. I'm planning on a Saturday ride there.....anyone else considering it?? Shooting for 8 am.

stay thirsty, my friends
    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...p?t=9&start=15

There are a few pictures there. Be careful on 7th street.
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

Just another Homer

I was riding it when you were posting about it.

The trail I thought was in pretty good shape we just did the 7th St loop, and the Hans trail on the way back.Lots of new little ruts everywhere and a few bigger ones too.Overall I think the trail has got better.Where there were some slides now we have singletrack going over them,which gives it a little bit of that roller-coaster feel.Plants are thick and covering the trail in some places as is the poison oak.Keep an eye out for it as it was hanging down into the trail in a few places.A little more lose rocks in some of the steeper climbs has upped the difficulty level. One problem for me was those dam little ticks.When I got into the shower I had 3 of the little buggers on me.I highly suggest repellent.I hear Rattlesnake has deeper and more challenging ruts to deal with.We had to quit as were without lights. Still a very enjoyable ride although to short.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by maSSpayne
    How are the conditions? It's been too long since I've been there. I'm planning on a Saturday ride there.....anyone else considering it?? Shooting for 8 am.
    ride there often, as soon as two days ago, and i'll be there tomorrow early a.m. on my cross bike.

the cow trail is getting way overgrown. grass is growing over the trails and poison oak is all over the place. quite a few thorny bushes as well

7th, like the other's said, be careful. there were a slides that turn a narrow double track to single track last i rode 7th.

hey, i just saw you're ridin at 8am. what trailhead?? what ride are you planning??? i may tag along with ya if ya want abit o' company. oh, and my cross bike is ss as well.

cheers!

The name's Norm...

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    ride there often, as soon as two days ago, and i'll be there tomorrow early a.m. on my cross bike.

the cow trail is getting way overgrown. grass is growing over the trails and poison oak is all over the place. quite a few thorny bushes as well

7th, like the other's said, be careful. there were a slides that turn a narrow double track to single track last i rode 7th.

hey, i just saw you're ridin at 8am. what trailhead?? what ride are you planning??? i may tag along with ya if ya want abit o' company. oh, and my cross bike is ss as well.

cheers!
    As a matter of fact, that would be GREAT if you join in!! It's been roughly 2 years since i've ridden Turnbull. I will be at the Beverly/Turnbull entrance at 8 am riding a GT AggrSSor. I also will be bringing a friend that has never ridden it. It would be great to have you as a docent so we can see the best of Turnbull!
    And it's always better with another SS'r watching my back. You know how those gearies are!!!

120 pounds of xc sex!

word!

Ill try to make it too! (i promise on time Kam)

hey just to make sure, how do i get here of the 60? and yes kam i have ADD....
    Last edited by carbnjunkie; 04-01-2005 at 12:15 PM.
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

The name's Norm...

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
    Ill try to make it too! (i promise on time Kam)

hey just to make sure, how do i get here of the 60? and yes kam i have ADD....
    Hey, more the merrier CJ!! I'll be in a tan 4 door Frontier w/ a blue GT SS!!

120 pounds of xc sex!

yup

Cool, i have a black honda with roof rack...hey i dont see where you want to meet up on this map....
    Attached Images Attached Images

>Ankur<

The name's Norm...
    Cool, i have a black honda with roof rack...hey i dont see where you want to meet up on this map....
    You say you're coming from the 60 right? Just head south on the 605 until Beverly. Make a left and stay straight til it turns into Turnbull. Then just go til it dead ends!!
    Hmmm, does Turnbull go all the way thru now?? I also looked at a map and it looks like there is no longer a gate that stops traffic. But here is a map that has the gate.
    Just west of Painter Ave. But I don't know the name of the trail at that point.
    Last edited by maSSpayne; 04-01-2005 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added text & pic

120 pounds of xc sex!
    You say you're coming from the 60 right? Just head south on the 605 until Beverly. Make a left and stay straight til it turns into Turnbull. Then just go til it dead ends!!
    Hmmm, does Turnbull go all the way thru now?? I also looked at a map and it looks like there is no longer a gate that stops traffic. But here is a map that has the gate.
    Just west of Painter Ave. But I don't know the name of the trail at that point.
    thanks man. I will look for your car and Kam's....cant miss a odessy with a roof rack...what a enthuasist! haha btw, it will be me (ankur) and my friend Gar, geared guys need love too!!!!
    Last edited by carbnjunkie; 04-01-2005 at 04:25 PM.

>Ankur<

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    thanks man. I will look for your car and Kam's....cant miss a odessy with a roof rack...what a enthuasist! haha btw, it will be me (ankur) and my friend Gar, geared guys need love too!!!!

sorry for the late reply. ok, i'll be there. i will be riding at 6:30am, so i will have a few miles on my legs when i see ya guys. but, we'll get some good ridin' in!!!

so, from the 605, exit beverly, so east. you'll drive maybe 1 mile or 2 and beverly will turn into a 2 lane street. pass greenleaf and park on the street (beverly) after painter. you ride up (east) on beverly and you'll see the trailhead on your left. you cannot miss it. we all can meet at the trailhead.

after the trailhead, beverly gets curvy, this is where it turns into trunbull canyon hwy.

i'll be riding ss on my cross bike!!! see ya all there.

oh, ankur, if you're late, you pay for lunch!!!

mtbr member
    How about one more? Mind if I come along?

See ya at the trailhead - I'll be on a Bianchi SASS

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by elab
    How about one more? Mind if I come along?

See ya at the trailhead - I'll be on a Bianchi SASS
    sweet!!!

oh, ankur, yeah...my odyssey is mad pimpin' sporting the roof rack and funny personalized plates. oh, and the toddler car seat in the back is a really dope touch!!!

master p ain't got nuthin' on me in his maybach!!!

see ya at the trailhead tomorrow guys!!!

The name's Norm...

Great ride, guys!!

Just wanted to shout out to Kam and Elab thanks for the docenting of Turnbull. You guys kick some serious Arse!!
    And for finally meeting CJ & Gar 30 minutes after finishing the ride!! Hopefully next time we can ride TOGETHER!!! Hehe! JK

Got to do it again!!!!
    N

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    Just wanted to shout out to Kam and Elab thanks for the docenting of Turnbull. You guys kick some serious Arse!!
    And for finally meeting CJ & Gar 30 minutes after finishing the ride!! Hopefully next time we can ride TOGETHER!!! Hehe! JK

Got to do it again!!!!
    N

good stuff today Norm!!! whenever you're workin' out here, let me know, i live about 3 miles down the street you work on.

great to met Ben, Tim and John too!!!

CJ, paypal me $10 to cover lunch since you slept in!!!

120 pounds of xc sex!

haha...

man guys, you suck! i swear i got there at 8:10..... my buddy gar was my witness!

that area is pretty sweet, i was impressed. a guy named beto (he was on a xtc nrs dually) showed me around. He went out of his way, and made sure to show me at the topof the helopad, 360, 3 *****es etc 7th st. (we didnt do it tho, no time), to point out where they went, nice guy. Next time I will be there on time, and yes kam i owe you a burrito and beer. Hey are you still up in Sac a lot? (btw, what does it say on your license plate?)
    Last edited by carbnjunkie; 04-04-2005 at 12:19 PM. Reason: COFFEE

>Ankur<

mtbr member
    Thanks for the company fellas.

It was nice riding with you guys. Kam & Norm were really cool. Didn't get to talk to Tim & John much but glad to meet you too.

120 pounds of xc sex!

man..

Anyone know Beto????, He lives down the street from turnbull and rides there often> We were thinking of organizing a trail maintence day for cow trail, but I cant remember his email addy....????

>Ankur<