Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

turnbull canyon

949 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  banksd1983 
#1 ·
hey anyone ride out in turnbull canyon..... is it a good spot for a fat beginner lol

#2 ·
Fatguy,

Im a noob myself and just rode Turnbull for the first time Tuesday morning. I'm 6' ft, 235lbs, and been riding for roughly 1.5 months and by NO MEANS a decent climber. My buddy and I parked on the dirt shoulder just before the entrance off of Beverly and road the fireroad up and to the left, straight over to the ST.

It was slightly difficult for me, as im sure it is with all NEW beginners. My buddy is shorter but slightly fatter then me and had NO problem riding it up - although he's been riding for 3+ years. Impossible, definitely not... Difficult, depends on the rider - I found it difficult given my riding experience. I walked 40% of it :(

I can definitely tell you one thing... The ST that drops you at Greenleaf is well worth the climb - HELL, i'd walk it 5 times over just to ride the ST each time :)

#3 ·
turnbull is full of beginners.

that doesn't necessarily mean it's the best place to learn to ride at, but it's a pretty good place to get some XC riding in. The climbs are short but can be hard.

I need to get the intel on some of the other trails there than the obvious ones

#4 ·
Don't park in front of or anywhere near the front gate (big and yellow or is it white) aka the fire road entrance on Beverly. You WILL GET A TICKET and it IS VERY EXPENSIVE!!!

The dirt lot off to the left side is o.k. but the gate is no bueno!

:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.