mtbr member

Good job! Turkey Ride: November 24th, 2005

Who: all XC Mountain Bikers

What:
    Unofficial "Annual Turkey Ride"
    2 options: 33 mile full loop (tons of climbing)
    or
    16 mile shuttle ride
    **** both include: A LONG 10 MILE DESCENT

Where:
    33 miler starts and ends at Oak Mesa Park in La Verne
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=ca&zipcode=
    or
    16 miler starts the ride up at the top at the Cow Canyon saddle just west of Mount Baldy village on Glendora ridge road & ends at Oak Mesa Park in La Verne.
    http://www.socalmtb.com/socal/trails/cowcanyo.htm

When:
    Thanksgiving Day: November 24th, 2005
    33 miler start: 6:30 am
    16 miler start: 9:00 am

MTB Action article from last year:
    http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1128
    ***** mileage numbers are a bit skewed on the article

**** this ride is a lot of fun, i highly recommend it to all

taxi mechanic
    how does turkey ride bike? to get to other side of trail.

why does some say this is riding road? is it not trail and dirt? i work night before give thanks and give thanks with turkey after awake. this is good customs.

a.k.a. MTBMaven

What?

Quote Originally Posted by eebeedah
    why does some say this is riding road? is it not trail and dirt? i work night before give thanks and give thanks with turkey after awake. this is good customs.
    Just curious, where are you from? I hope with english like that you are not a product of the local public school system.
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

huffin' n' puffin'
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    Just curious, where are you from? I hope with english like that you are not a product of the local public school system.

Can't you see from his avatar?
    He's Latka Gravas.

mtbr member

Taxi Boy

Judging by previous posts, obviously a pitiful attempt to make people believe English is not his native language and perhaps impart some inane humor.

My guess is someone with way too much time on their hands.

taxi mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    if local public school is education for adults to learn english yes. i see taxi show and like latka and have same type accent. i relate so i use latka to read and write here about bikes some. i spell right as much as can and learn how english is different from words in lietuva. this place is for bike rides and i like bike rides. television is better for learn speak english.

taxi mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by CalEpic
    Judging by previous posts, obviously a pitiful attempt to make people believe English is not his native language and perhaps impart some inane humor.

My guess is someone with way too much time on their hands.
    i can take pity and ride my bicycle for time on my hands. maybe you ride bicycle too?

Just another Homer

Not sure

Didn't we start the downhill around 8 last year? I'll be shuttling again this year as I'm chef for a day and if I climb I'm usually thinking about a nap when I should be doing my job. There's enough of a climb to get a workout anyways. I've got a group of about 8 coming this year. Last year we were covered by MBA Mountain Bike Action.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

That's gonna leave a mark
    Quote Originally Posted by eebeedah
    if local public school is education for adults to learn english yes. i see taxi show and like latka and have same type accent. i relate so i use latka to read and write here about bikes some. i spell right as much as can and learn how english is different from words in lietuva. this place is for bike rides and i like bike rides. television is better for learn speak english.
    Didn't you have a friend named Misha over at the SoCalmtb site? You read/sound just like him. You bald too?
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak
    Didn't we start the downhill around 8 last year? I'll be shuttling again this year as I'm chef for a day and if I climb I'm usually thinking about a nap when I should be doing my job. There's enough of a climb to get a workout anyways. I've got a group of about 8 coming this year. Last year we were covered by MBA Mountain Bike Action.
    I put the time for 9 am since some of my buddies will be climbing and the others will be shuttling. We should all hopefully meet up at cow canyon saddle at 9 am. By then, if there is any snow like last time, the snow should be "plowed" by the earlier riders.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Mtn Biker
    Who: all XC Mountain Bikers

What:
    Unofficial "Annual Turkey Ride"
    2 options: 33 mile full loop (tons of climbing)
    or
    16 mile shuttle ride
    **** both include: A LONG 10 MILE DESCENT

Where:
    33 miler starts and ends at Oak Mesa Park in La Verne
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=ca&zipcode=
    or
    16 miler starts the ride up at the top at the Cow Canyon saddle just west of Mount Baldy village on Glendora ridge road & ends at Oak Mesa Park in La Verne.
    http://www.socalmtb.com/socal/trails/cowcanyo.htm

When:
    Thanksgiving Day: November 24th, 2005
    33 miler start: 6:30 am
    16 miler start: 9:00 am

MTB Action article from last year:
    http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1128
    ***** mileage numbers are a bit skewed on the article

**** this ride is a lot of fun, i highly recommend it to all
    see you guys out there i'll be the one with a black bandana hanging from my camelback

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Mtn Biker
    see you guys out there i'll be the one with a black bandana hanging from my camelback
    I'll see you up there. I'm starting from my house in Upland, so look for the guy hurting real bad on a grey Kona Unit.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    So for a guy intending to shuttle, but have never ridden this before and don't have any riding buddies coming to this ride, when should I plan to be at Cow Canyon Saddle?

(The desire for clarification stems from the fact that another organizer (Hohnster) on another website (mybikesite.com) is posting a departure time of 8:00AM.)

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    hey Scheetz....i'll be starting with e_m_b at oak mesa. i'll also be riding single and rigid, so you have company.

i'm a tall dude riding an orange niner one9, say HI!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Seems like the Turkey Ride went off without a hitch. I think we had something like 70 people at the top of Sunset Peak giving our thanks for the day, but I've never been a good estimator so I could be off.

Oh, I was the guy with the dust mask. It seemed like a good idea when you think of 100-something people coming down a trail, but oh well.