mtbr member
    Jan 2010

trying to sort out parts

Hello everyone,
    I have been reading this site for a while but just registered because I could use some help putting togther a bike.
    I am going to try an adventure race this summer and am bulding a endurance style cross country bike.
    I am starting with the Intense Spider xvp 05' I also have a 04' Stump Jumper to rob parts from.
    The Intense has a Manotiu R7 super 100mm w/ remote lockout, the gentlemen I bought the bike from loved the fork, I also have a Fox Float 100 RL I have no experince with the Manotiu but the Fox has been great. What do you folks recomend? If it makes any difference the rear is the Swinger 3 way and I weigh 175lbs.
    Also the Intense came with the XTR dual control levers I have never used these before and don't know how dependable they will be any feed back ?
    I would love to play with swapping parts and see what I like best however I need to sell the stumpy soon so I don't really have the time to try it all out.
    Any help would be great
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    hmm....id use that fox fork and put on the xtr levers for sure!

What are the specs on both bikes...maybe we can help more if we knew the exact components on each bike to compare...bikepedia will give the stock specs, but not sure if anything has been replaced from stock..

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    not sure what you mean by specs if you mean components they are as follows
    Intense full XTR hubs, cranks, pretty much everything and I will keep most of that,
    I will move towards XT derailures for dependabilty,
    stumpy has only a few things to swap Chris King Headset possibly the front XT derailure if it will work it does have the Avid bb7 brakes which have been flawless
    also I am willing to invest some money to get things that work so if there is another set-up that might work I would entertain that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    yea when i say specs im talking about the build kit they have on them...sounds like both bikes are pretty well equipped and you have a plan of action already. Not sure what else to say. XT and XTR stuff is great stuff. Fox shox are amazing too. Dont think you really need to invest any money if youve already got high end stuff. Maybe you can do some upgrades like saddle, pedals, seatpost, stem, bars, grips???

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I have been truly blessed with both bike builds I will need to buy grips everything else you have mentioned I am set on. I guess the big thing was the fork, I don't anything about the one and was hoping someone else did.
    Thanks drz400sm