Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Truck broken into @ Anderson

We were shuttling anderson last weekend and on our way up the road a guy was driving down and stopped us - he was shuttling also and his truck was broken into while they were riding the trail. They busted out his window with a rock and stole his wallet and I believe his cell phone. We saw the glass and rock on the ground.

Just a heads up for everyone, at a minimum take everything out of your vehicles and keep your eyes open.

Also just a reminder: people live on that road, please drive respectfully and be careful. I would hate for the residents to get fed up as I believe it is a private road.

pos thieves.

I <3 Dirt
    My friend's jeep was broken into - he unzips his windows now so that they don't cut into his soft top. Pretty trivial stuff that was stolen and fortunately they didn't take his Glee Season 1 CD so that was welcome news.
    Last edited by mealsonwheels; 09-28-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Edited to show sarcastic comment.

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    Your friend has a Glee CD..... Can't figure hipsters...

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    Been there,
    Suffered that...

Parked under the I-8 underpass. Stupid me, I left my pants sitting on the front of the seat in plain view. Had the passenger window smashed, they grabbed the pants and took off. Probably figured I left my wallet in them.
    (Who in their right mind would ride ATT without a wallet? I always figured if I have to be carried off the hill, at least they would know who I was)
    Anyway, cost about $180 to replace the window. Moral of the story, don't leave anything in plain sight and you might reduce your chances of a break in but don't count on it. Lots of window glass is on the ground there.
    Or just leave your doors unlocked.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy
    Or just leave your doors unlocked.
    Ya, thats what the guy who got robbed recommended, but I dont want some drugged out creaton sifting thru my vehicle. I just hate thieves. Im taking all my stuff out and locking the doors, if they still just have to get in at least it will be a little more difficult and will maybe get the attention of a good samaritan or better yet, cop.

Geritol Power
    Quote Originally Posted by onemission
    They busted out his window with a rock and stole his wallet and I believe his cell phone. We saw the glass and rock on the ground.

Also just a reminder: people live on that road, please drive respectfully and be careful. I would hate for the residents to get fed up as I believe it is a private road.

pos thieves.
    1. Broken auto glass at ATT (or any riding spot). Nothing new.
    2. People that live around ATT have been pissed at us for many years.
    3. Thieves should be executed along with rapists and such.
    4. Always sorry to hear about this kind of thing.

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Bastards, My Ranger was broken into at the trailhead to Mission Trails a while back (Tierrasanta side). Scumbags charged over $2k on a credit card at Fry's before I even knew what happened.

I never leave anything of value in my vehicle anymore at trailheads. They can have my change and dirty socks.

I would love to boobytrap my vehicle to deploy sharp objects upon illegal entry...
    If not biking, then what?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP
    Bastards, My Ranger was broken into at the trailhead to Mission Trails a while back (Tierrasanta side). Scumbags charged over $2k on a credit card at Fry's before I even knew what happened.

I never leave anything of value in my vehicle anymore at trailheads. They can have my change and dirty socks.

I would love to boobytrap my vehicle to deploy sharp objects upon illegal entry...

My buddy epoxied X-acto blades to the rear of the case of his car stereo. Yup it got partially removed once after that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    It would sure be fun to park something tempting under the bridge at ATT, roll a few people out like they were going to shuttle, then hide somewhere close and wait with a dialed up paintball gun. When the ****** shows up to break in, unleash the fury on his face. Maybe being blind in one or both eyes would send the message home.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    ^^ paintball ?

baseball bats <--

Warrior's Society
    What????? Cars getting broken into at ATT??

This has been known for a long time that it is not safe to park your car there. Hell, I haven't ridden there in 6 or 7 years and even back then we knew the dangers.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    That was my truck that got broke into. Lost my wallet, no big deal except pain in the ass for new Drivers License. Credit cards were cancelled before I even got down the hill. What a waste. They got $12, loose change and my favorite sweatshirt.

Now I don't know what to do next time I want to ride up there. It was the second shuttle trip of the day. The first trip there were a couple cars parked where i left my truck.

Worst part is the glass cleanup.

On a positive note, Anderson is awesome. First time shuttling the upper part.

-Rob

not so 1337 mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    where on Peutz Valley Road you park? try to park as close to alpine blvd as possible? Been there once and it was crowded when I parked and when i came back it was deserted with my car and a friends. seemed like we got enough traffic going by the main road on a sunday morning. Dont think it really matters though.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by nutz
    ^^ paintball ?

baseball bats <--
    baseball bats???

Golf Clubs.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Paintball, baseball bats, golf clubs, hell no, 357 mag.

Best, John

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr
    baseball bats???

Golf Clubs.

FORE

I'm your density
    Tase the mother ****er.

mtbr member
    Last summer GP_pilot had a tire slashed on his van while we were riding. It was parked at the top at the time. Fortunately they only slashed one tire....

I don't know why anyone would ever leave their wallet in the car. Its well known that cars get broken into in parking lots, anywhere!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    So i should leave a note telling them there is no wallet in my truck? I don't care about the wallet, i care about the smashed window and glass everywhere.

Geritol Power
    I had one of those stickers that said "There's nothing in this truck worth losing your life"

Somebody stole the sticker

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FastRich
    It would sure be fun to park something tempting under the bridge at ATT, roll a few people out like they were going to shuttle, then hide somewhere close and wait with a dialed up paintball gun. When the ****** shows up to break in, unleash the fury on his face. Maybe being blind in one or both eyes would send the message home.

I like the way you think!
    If not biking, then what?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    What????? Cars getting broken into at ATT??

This has been known for a long time that it is not safe to park your car there. Hell, I haven't ridden there in 6 or 7 years and even back then we knew the dangers.
    Well Im relatively new to the sport as Im sure many are. Just getting the word out for those that dont know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robatki
    So i should leave a note telling them there is no wallet in my truck? I don't care about the wallet, i care about the smashed window and glass everywhere.
    That might help. Why would you leave it and risk all the hassle of theft and possibility of identity theft, its such a small thing to throw in the camelback. Or, leave it at home and just take your license and a CC.

Mr. Lurker
    where is anderson?

mtbr member
    San Marcos, CA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast