mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Trek Remedy 8 (SoCal - LA preferrably)

Hey guys,

Is anyone of you aware of a LBS in SoCal (LA area preferrably) that would have Trek Remedy 8 on sale (or would at least offer a decent discount)? I tried some of the shops here in LA, but found nothing worth mentioning. I intend to pay with cash, so this might hopefully give me some more % off...

Thanks, I appreciate your input!
    Andy

mtbr member
    Never bought a bike from these shops but have shoped at 'em and had good experiance with all three. They are a bit out of LA but not much and I am not sure if they are stocking what ya want ...

All Pro in Simi

Valley Bicycles in Chatsworth

Reseda Bikes site not up but they have their contact info.

Ya, right.
    Umm, did you try a dealer search on Trek's website?? http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/

I pulled this up in about 10 seconds:

And I'm pretty sure paying cash won't get you a discount.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hey CA_descender, thanks for the tips. I'll check these stores out right away. I don't mind if they're not really in LA, anyway...
    DSDuke: of course I did what you suggested, I wouldn't be here asking for tips if I found something this way, mind you. I called at least 10 different stores, but none of them offered any discount. Now, I don't want to call all 300+ (I made this up, but you get the point) LA stores, so I came here...
    And well, I'm from Europe, where paying in cash usually gets you a 5% discount on top of all other discounts you might be getting. Apparently I was wrong... Thanks for your help, anyway!

Ya, right.
    Just trying to help. You just said you've "tried some shops" so I wasn't sure what you did or didn't do. There's 24 shops listed. Calling all of them could be done in less than an hour (especially since you'vealready called 10 of them) and you'd get the answer to your question for sure. In San Diego we have 2 Trek Superstores (not sure where else they might have them) that only sell Trek, GF and Klein. That'd be a good place to try if you get real desperate. It'd be a bit of a drive from LA though.

Trek Store of San Diego
    2123 Industrial Court
    Vista (north county)
    760-599-9735
    www.treksandiego.com

I agree with you--paying cash should get you something--since retailers have to pay a percentage to the credit card company if you use plastic--but it typically never happens.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DSDuke
    Just trying to help. You just said you've "tried some shops" so I wasn't sure what you did or didn't do. There's 24 shops listed. Calling all of them could be done in less than an hour (especially since you'vealready called 10 of them) and you'd get the answer to your question for sure....
    You're right. I'll give the others a call too and then report back what I found out. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Pasadena Cyclery has a few Remedys in their shop. Not sure about any discounts though...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You want a leftover from last year.
    You might get 5% off list for cash or maybe not for a current year bike.
    A leftover will get you 20-35% off with the same new warranty.
    Of course finding a leftover at this point in your size and model is often a real PITA.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Remedy 8

Give me a call at Trek San Diego, depending on what size you are looking for we might be able to get one for you.

Mondo or Jake (619) 216-9123

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAish
    ...where paying in cash usually gets you a 5% discount on top of all other discounts you might be getting. Apparently I was wrong... Thanks for your help, anyway!
    Most shops, at least the ones I have bought bikes from, will not say anything about discounts over the phone. If you show up with cash in hand they are more willing to deal most of the time, especially if they have a year old model they need to move out.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yep, Face to face and ready to pick it up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I'm pretty sure if you go to a Trek dealer and ask for no Taxes, they'll give it to you. Never fails me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hey guys, thanks for all your input! I found what I think is a damn sweet deal for the R8 2009 bike (thanks to MTBR, I must add) - I just need to figure out whether I need a 17.5" or a 19.5" one, which I should be able to sort out during the weekend... Again, thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.