Are you talking to me?

Traveling to Fontana in May...

I am wondering about renting a decent HT for a day or two. Any shops in the area that you can steer me to? I am 6'4" and 225lb, if it matters.

I am coming from Alaska to visit family. I know there is a great trail system in the foothills, right? Thanks for any info.
    gfy

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

check out

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    I am wondering about renting a decent HT for a day or two. Any shops in the area that you can steer me to? I am 6'4" and 225lb, if it matters.

I am coming from Alaska to visit family. I know there is a great trail system in the foothills, right? Thanks for any info.
    http://www.socalmtb.com and ask there as well. there's a ton of people from the greater LA area on that board that may help you out. I"m too far south in San Diego to know anything about Fontana and the shops around there.

there's a ton of trails in the area as well but I'm not sure how many are right next door and how many others require a drive.

All I've ever ridden in Fontana is the race course for some winter races they hold up there. Not bad for a race course and I'd ride it if I lived across the street but it's not someplace that I'd go out of my way to ride.

YR

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Jenson just opened a store in nearby Ontario. They might have some demo bikes.

I’ll be staying in Fontucky (as it’s known when NASCAR comes to town) for the races on the first weekend in May. If that’s when you’ll be there, you might want to avoid that area of “town” .
    Last edited by jeffj; 04-22-2004 at 05:55 AM.

Ya, right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    Jenson just opened a store in nearby Ontario. They have some demo bikes.

I’ll be staying in Fontucky (as it’s known when NASCAR comes to town) for the races on the first weekend in May. If that’s when you’ll be there, you might want to avoid that area of “town” .
    I too am going to the races. Well, the Sunday race anyhow. Watching anything on wheels go super fast is always a good time
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

Just passing through....
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    Jenson just opened a store in nearby Ontario. They have some demo bikes.

I live in a neighboring city and we refer to Fontana as "Fontucky" also. BTW: you might wanna avoid all but the northern areas of Fontana anyway (for your own safety).
    That being said, JensonUSA's headquarters is in Ontario (close to Fontana) and they did open a new showroom as jeffj said. Worth checking out. Directions are on the website or in the magazines. Also check out Don's Bicycles in Rialto, right next to Fontana. The owner, Scott is a good guy and very knowledgeable. He used to be one of the best roadies in the area, and is pretty good on a mountain bike also. Info here:

http://www.mybikesite.com/shops/open...cal&lbs=sbe_31

Call ahead and ask about rentals.

For trails, check out the Santa Ana River Trail, a beautiful ride, perhaps the best in So Cal. I'm not sure about riding it solo your first time on the trail though. Chino Hills State Park is nice, more of the "rolling green hills" type terrain, but a lot of the singletrack is overgrown with brush right now. Marshall Canyon is in real good shape for the most part, and very scenic, but not a very long ride. Look on the SoCalMTB site that Yeti_Rider mentioned for the details on all of these.

Are you talking to me?

Thank you for the info.

I really want to bring my Gemini with me, but the trip is too short and I am travelling (sp?) with my 77 year old grandmother. (really!)

I will have to check, but I think my aunt lives in a fairly rough neighborhood. No night riding for me, perhaps.

I will bring my gear, shoes and pedals. Thanks for the tips.
    gfy

Are you talking to me?

Always an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    Make sure they'll have a Thomson 900mm seatpost for you

I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see how big you are and they had like a medium lined up for you.

I tried renting a "one size fits most" beach cruiser a few years ago in the Carolinas. Never again. From now on, I am VERY clear as to my size needs. Thanks for the tip.
    gfy