mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Trails Near Pasadena, CA

Anyone have anys suggestions for some good singletrack near Pasadena, CA? I have a two day meeting there and was thinking about bringing my duallie to explore some new trails

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Lots of good stuff near Pasadena. What type of stuff are you looking for? for a good loop: Lower Merrill to Sunset to Millard CG, up fireroad to El Prieto and down to JPL parking lot. There are a few paved miles between JPL and the start of Lower Merrill. Check out socalmtb.com for specifics on the trails.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by STJunkie
    Lots of good stuff near Pasadena. What type of stuff are you looking for? for a good loop: Lower Merrill to Sunset to Millard CG, up fireroad to El Prieto and down to JPL parking lot. There are a few paved miles between JPL and the start of Lower Merrill. Check out socalmtb.com for specifics on the trails.
    StJunkie is right on. If you have more time or want a good weekend ride and want to add to his route, take lower merrils to the Mt Lowe toll rd, take the toll rd up to inspiration pt and descend via Middle Merrils, then head back over to Mt Lowe tolld rd again, this time go down Sunset Ridge and continue to JPL like he described. you'll need at least a few hours for this longer option.

enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Shoo Pork
    Anyone have anys suggestions for some good singletrack near Pasadena, CA? I have a two day meeting there and was thinking about bringing my duallie to explore some new trails

anybody, anybody......bueler, bueler??? lol.
    i would like to know too. any info on trails would be much appreciated!

mtbr member
    You’ve hit the jackpot of good trails. The options already posted are all excellent, but there are many more! Will you be riding with any locals? If not, some of us might be willing to meet up and ride the area with you. What days and times are you riding?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Too many to list but the one the guy mention by JPL we call Brown Mountain ride. That is pretty kick ass. La Tuna canyon has some good riding as well. Then there are limitless possiblities in the Crest, especially if you can shuttle. My LBS has a great mtn biking map w/ trails for the Angeles Crest in it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    mt wilson tollroad to the top. Down Upper Merril, Middle Merril, Sunset and El Prieto... Big climb 4600' in 9 miles but then 20 miles of very sweet singletrack descent.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks For Replies

Thanks All For Suggestions,

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to get out in ride the night before my meetings . I had a project that needed to be done and took a way from my ride time. However, I expect to back in the near future. Heck, I might just a trip from Ventura Co. just to ride something different.