mtbr member

Trails near Lake Casitas

I will be staying at Lake Casitas over Thanksgiving, any advice on trails nearby would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mark

mtbr member
    Ventura County Trails

Everything that I know of really close to Casitas is private property (South Mtn, Chismahoo Mtn). Sulphur Mtn is reasonably close. Otherwise head to Ojai or Rose Valley.

Let us know where you end up riding.

mtbr member
    Thanks Econoline - Looks like Sulphur mountainis really close. Is this a private trail, If not, do you reccomend this trail?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Econoline View Post
    Ventura County Trails

Everything that I know of really close to Casitas is private property (South Mtn, Chismahoo Mtn). Sulphur Mtn is reasonably close. Otherwise head to Ojai or Rose Valley.

Let us know where you end up riding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hi mark...ojai is really close to lake casitas and has some good trails..gidly is one that is mentioned pretty often... Here is a link to some trails in the area Nordhoff Ridge and Rose Valley area north of Ojai Trail Map and Descriptions....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Mark-- where did you end up riding? If your still up by Casitas and want to go for a ride.. Lets go for it.. Ive never ridden Gidley-- would be a fun ride ..

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the info everyone. I rode Sulphur Mountain. It wasnet tough technically, but a grind to make it to the top. Ggoing back down was fun, I dont think I have ever coasted for 8 miles before!

Next trip I will check out Gridley

Take care
    Mark