Twin Six METAL Team

Trails near Edwards AFB?

I am heading out to Edwards AFB for a week the end of March. I have never been out there, and wonder...should I bring a bike with me? Are there some trails nearby that I would have time to hit if I am in meetings until 3 or 4 each day?

Thanks!

Chris

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

edwards

i just moved my fam from edwards theres all kinds of places to ride out there its the desert....... just be carefull i saw a big bobcat out there one afternoon scarry..

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Low desert stuff isn't so fun on mtb's, however you'll be close to the pacific crest trail as it runs just east of tahachippi in the hills sorta west & a little north of edwards.
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but nobody uses that trail, & part of the connector to it is legal for off road stuff anyhow.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Since kneecap brought it up, you are close to the pct and he's right, almost nobody uses it. PM me and I'll give you more info. Edwards is in the high desert on the north edge of the Antelope Valley and there are great places to ride up here. There's a bunch of moto trails north of Rosamond that look very enticing every time I pass by on the fwy but I've not ridden them yet. Looks like a great area to follow your nose and close to the base. Golden Eagle is about 45 min. away, Mt. Pinos an hour but may not be free of snow in late March. The Joshua Ranch area in Palmdale (check the Klunker thread on Passion for info) has a maze of atv trails and singletrack to explore and Devil's Punchbowl near Pearblossom has great trails. I'll be gone on my spring break road trip the last full week of March but if you're still here after the 28th, pm me and I'll ride with you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Ya, I graduated from Quartz Hill (Palmdale area) and although I wasnt into MTB'ing then, I had a ton of friends that were and they were always talking about some new trail they found.