mtbr member

Idea! Trails in Glendora! HELP!

Hello been a while since I posted. About a year ago I moved to Glendora and I heard that there are awesome trails around here. I think there are literally like 5 min away from my house

Anyone from the area recommend any good ones? Also safe since I'll be riding solo since I don't have anyone to ride with

It's been over a year since I biked so I am pretty out of shape. Nothing too extreme, I used to bike in Mission Trails in San Diego. I am really eager to get back and rip the trails.
    2010 GT Avalanche 1.0
    -Ergon GP1's

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I would say Mt. wilson toll rd , not to far from you and it is a great ride , climb climb climb....but going back is GREAT watch your speed because i know of at least one person who went over the side

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Monroe truck trail off Glendora mtn rd. is nearby, Marshall Canyon/ Claremont Wilderness Park is about 10 minutes east of Glendora has a little more variety, also some trails in South hills, which are between the 210 frwy and Alosta.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raceline View Post
    I would say Mt. wilson toll rd , not to far from you and it is a great ride , climb climb climb....but going back is GREAT watch your speed because i know of at least one person who went over the side
    Looks good, where could I park my car though? Climbing is gonna be a pain since I am so out of shape. But I love feeling the burn feels good I am aching to ride again. Most likely this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    Monroe truck trail off Glendora mtn rd. is nearby, Marshall Canyon/ Claremont Wilderness Park is about 10 minutes east of Glendora has a little more variety, also some trails in South hills, which are between the 210 frwy and Alosta.
    I think I cruised in my car around there, looks interesting! There are places to park there?
    2010 GT Avalanche 1.0
    -Ergon GP1's

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Marshall cyn, you can park at the school on Wheeler or to miss out on some climbing, you can park at the staging area above Marshall cyn golf course on Stevens Pasture Rd.
    Also, Bonelli park there are also tons of trails, park at the park and ride off of the Via Verde off ramp. Incycle in San Dimas, Arrow hwy and Bonita ave, is an awesome shop and they can tell you of all the local trails.
    I don't live in that area anymore, I get to ride down there ever so often and enjoy it when I do.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Look up Crazy Bear Shuttle. He runs a van and hits Glendora mountain road trails on the weekends. Real nice guy and there is usually a few people on the bus. The east side trails are easy to hard. West side trail just hard. But you should definitely hit him up

official eMpTyBRain
    Two places to park for the Monroe Truck Trail ride on Glendora Mountain Road. First option, this ride is located within Nat'l forest area so you'll have to have a forest adventure pass to park at the lower trail head which located at the sharp hairpin turn to the left (going uphill). Second option, you can park for free along the dirt road below the Nat'l forest signs. There's almost always cars parked there, you can't miss it. Then you just pedal up the road 1/2 mile or so. This is one of my favorite local rides!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    and they can tell you of all the local trails.
    I don't live in that area anymore, I get to ride down there ever so often and enjoy it when I do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendations. I am getting overwhelmed by the choices. I was just there in Incycle I couldn't be there more because I had class, I was looking for some new gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by bert vega View Post
    Look up Crazy Bear Shuttle. He runs a van and hits Glendora mountain road trails on the weekends. Real nice guy and there is usually a few people on the bus. The east side trails are easy to hard. West side trail just hard. But you should definitely hit him up
    Definitely will look him up, yeah I saw a lot of trail entrances on Glendora Mtn Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Two places to park for the Monroe Truck Trail ride on Glendora Mountain Road. First option, this ride is located within Nat'l forest area so you'll have to have a forest adventure pass to park at the lower trail head which located at the sharp hairpin turn to the left (going uphill). Second option, you can park for free along the dirt road below the Nat'l forest signs. There's almost always cars parked there, you can't miss it. Then you just pedal up the road 1/2 mile or so. This is one of my favorite local rides!
    Will do I am stoked for tomorrow.

Has anyone been at the Michael D Antonovich Trail? It's also close to my house.
    2010 GT Avalanche 1.0
    -Ergon GP1's