Don't skid

Trails between LA and SD

I am heading doen to SanDiego from Santa Barbara with my girlfriend next weekend and we have plenty of time to kill. We are looking for a good trail to ride on the way. Any suggestions? BTW she is a beginner rider.

mtbr member
    tons of stuff in Orange County, Aliso Regional park has a bunch of different types of trails
    Last edited by zjchaser; 08-23-2004 at 01:41 AM.
    AJ

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    I am heading doen to SanDiego from Santa Barbara with my girlfriend next weekend and we have plenty of time to kill. We are looking for a good trail to ride on the way. Any suggestions? BTW she is a beginner rider.
    In Agoura Hills, there's Cheeseboro/Chesebro Canyon, and it's very suitable for a beginner rider. There are some steep or rocky sections, but they're easily seen and walked up/around, and it's nice riding.

In Orange County, there's Aliso, mentioned above, and also Irvine Regional park that includes Santiago Oaks and related rides. Some of these are intermediate, others are great for beginners...my wife towed our son in his trailer on some at an event earlier this year.

In San Diego, try Los Penasquitos Canyon, Rose Canyon or Lake Hodges.

Check out the trail descriptions of these on this site and also at SoCalMTB.com. After you read them, if you have more questions we'll be ready.